double feelings at the update of UR-series

That’s not true, the UR works exactly the same as the MR in that regard.The one thing you can’t do on a UR is hit the channel button and have Cubase automatically route it your selected track. THE upside is you’ve got 24 I.O. with direct monitoring as opposed to 16 with the MR.

I’ve been using my UR as my ‘main’ device with my two MR connected via ADAT now for 6 months and to be honest it’s performed flawlessly. I have always been ‘nervous’ of USB performance on my main DAW but the past 6 months have shown me that it no longer holds true.

MC

.The one thing you can’t do on a UR is hit the channel button and have Cubase automatically route it your selected track. THE upside is you’ve got 24 I.O. with direct monitoring as opposed to 16 with the MR.

24 Direct monitoring takes over the automatic routing thing BIG time…(Never used it actually… it was more of a gimmick. in practice with stereo tracks its just waste of time)
the only Plus of MR is that Phantom power is individual for each channel, and it can have 48 channels daisy chained
(up to 48 khz) if needed with no direct monitoring
other than that UR is Better, more functions and flexibility.

Unlike the MR manual, the UR manual does not mention latency free cue mixes at all.