Double notes when recording in cubasis with nano key studio midi controller

Hi Lars,

I have been working a lot with cubasis lately to compose for some games and I noticed an annoying issue. When recording midi with the korg nano key studio plugged into the usb c port, it will record my passage but it will be double notes. I heard some werid phasing and found out it just was two midi notes doubled up on top of each other. Every time I record a pass I have to go back and manually click on every note, move it up to check if its a double, than delete them. This is a bit frustrating becuase I am wasting time deleting notes while I have the next section I want to record fresh in my head.

Also I noticed you cannot record automation with a loop on. For example, if I record a pitch bend that takes place at the end of a loop leading back into the beginning of the loop, it stops recording the automation when it hits the beginning of the loop.

Also where is the audio editor? I’d like to reverse audio sometimes, but I dont think this is possible currently in cubasis.

It also would be nice to have the send fx appear in the mixer view as a track so you can control the whole send fx level, instead of going to every track and adjusting that way. Also it would be cool to be able to eq these send fx channels to. Like a reverb that’s getting too boxy could easily be tamed with an eq.

Are you guys getting close to a new version update? I still think cubasis is more intuitive to use than logic. The only thing I like in logic is the note slide function. You can slide chords around in a very interesting way. I have way more fun in cubasis.

One last thing is the on screen pitch bend, you have to hit exactly in the middle of the pitch bend to start at zero, this is pretty difficult to do on the fly. I think your pitch bend bar should start at 0 where ever you touch it. So no matter where you are a gesture up pitches it up and gesture down pitches it down.

I hope all is well!

Cheers,
Andrew Mello

Hi @andrewpmello,

Thanks for your message.

When recording midi with the korg nano key studio plugged into the usb c port, it will record my passage but it will be double notes. I heard some werid phasing and found out it just was two midi notes doubled up on top of each other

So far we are unaware about issues in this regard. Please give it a try to close Cubasis and disconnect the hardware device. Does things return back to normal once relaunching Cubasis and reconnecting the device? Also, please give it a try creating a new project and/or fully shut down the iOS device.

Also I noticed you cannot record automation with a loop on. For example, if I record a pitch bend that takes place at the end of a loop leading back into the beginning of the loop, it stops recording the automation when it hits the beginning of the loop.

Automation should work fine in cycle mode. Pitch bend might be a special case here, when being automated at the end/beginning of a cycle.

Also where is the audio editor? I’d like to reverse audio sometimes, but I dont think this is possible currently in cubasis.

Simply double tap on an audio event, to open it in the audio editor. There you will be able to reverse the event and much more.

We’re in preparation of the next Cubasis update, which still takes some time. New updates will be announced with the release.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hey Lars,

I figured it out. The korg nano key was connected via usb c and bluetooth at the same time and was recording double the notes. Silly me!

Also I wasn’t able to access the audio editor while I was in “select” mode. Silly me again!

Looking forward to the next update. Cubasis is still much more intuitive than logic. I hope you guys will be able implement some of things I mentioned.

As always, I hope all is good with you Lars. Till the next time!

• Andrew
1 Like

Hi @andrewpmello,

Hope you’re well too & thanks for the update.

Glad to read you’ve been able to resolve all the issues yourself!
We’re also happy to learn that Cubasis is more intuitive compared to other DAWs for you!!

We’re working on the next one, but it might take some time still… :slight_smile:

Best,
Lars