double stems

Hello

I apologize in advance if this is a real stupid question, but I didn’t find any answer browsing the forum…
I need to be able to have some notes to display double stems as in this example (but I really don’t want to create another voice for so little)
Please tell me there is an easy way to do this…

All the best
Yan

I don’t know another way to do it, but it doesn’t take long to select the notes you need and paste them into a new voice.

Oh :frowning:
then you have to hide all the rests, etc.
not handy…

best
Yan

You can assign a keyboard short cut for Edit / Remove Rests if want.

The longest past of the task is selecting the notes, and you can’t avoid doing that!

I have a key command for filter rests, and another for hide rests. It’s very efficient.

It’s even more efficient if you don’t bother filtering rests first :wink:

Ha! Nice!

Hello again…
copy paste into a new voice doesn’t work with a single line percussion instrument.
the paste into voice menu is empty.
Now, could there be an easier way, like a property, to create double stems please ?

Thanks
Yan

Hello again,

So as I said, it doesn’t seem possible to paste as a second voice in a single line percussion instrument.

What is the best way to do this then ?
I really need to be able to do it (many times…) in this score.

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 16.50.16

Thanks
Yan

You could enter a note on the line above, then edit ->Percussion->Change Voice->Extra up-stem voice, finally move the note to the lower line with alt/option down arrow.
Or the opposite like in my example.

Jesper

I have no line above, my current percussion has only one line.

Yes, the pict has 2, my fault, it’s from another place.
I will use your suggestion for that one, but I still think this is worse than having a simple property. I hope Daniel agrees…

Thanks
Yan

2 Likes