"Down with me": an experiment

Short collaborative experiment: song written by me and a young composer/musician. Just to try new update 7.5.30. :question:
Your feedback, as always, will be appreciated (writing, performance, mix…).
Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/maurolamanna/down-with-me

very good ,i like the guitar work ,sounds like you have put some decent work in to the tune and i can hear it will end up sounding good , well done .

Thanks Polgara, glad to hear it. :slight_smile:

interesting sound and arrangement but a bit lacking in the “writing” area… :slight_smile:

It’s more an instrumental concept, indeed. Vocal parts are just a plus. :slight_smile:

I like your sound and your style, this is wonderful to listen to. Just hope it will be longer, far too short for my liking. Just a great mix of instruments and vocals. Michael.

Thanks, Michael!
Next time a fair longer song, I promise. :slight_smile:

Hi lordadb! Awesome track! I like the clashing note choices of the instruments and the guitar tones. Great panning choices. Please share what vst synths or effects you’re using to create this. Are the guitars mic’ed live or are they samples? I like details :slight_smile:

I’m really impressed (and humbled) with the talent in this forum!

Cool track good writing. Like the guitar work and the instrument separation. There is a lot going on and you still distinguish all the instruments…that’s hard to accomplish,

Bravo
Kenny

Thanks guys, really!

Guitars (Fender Telecaster) are mic’ed for real: a lot of pedals thru a Peavey amp. Mic is an SM57 into an API 512c preamp.
VSTi? Just one instance of Padshop and one Kontakt (8DIO Hybrid Tools 2).
Vocals are recorded by a Ribera R47 (U47 style tube mic) directly into a BAE 1073.
Bass guitar is a Cort Artisan A5 with a EBS ValveDrive pedal.
If you need other details, I’m here. :slight_smile:
Thanks again for your feedback.