Downgrading to Cubase 12

Okay so, I’m tired of being a BETA tester for the Cubase 13 Pro that i paid for. How can I downgrade to Cubase 12 and activate it while not loosing the 13 version for later until they fix all the bugs.

1 Like

It should be sufficient to install Cubase 12 via the Download Assistant. The activation of Cubase 13 allows you to use Cubase 12 as well. There’s no need to activate it separately.

1 Like

Install it with the Download Assistant, and then it could be possible that you need to activate it in Steinberg Activation Manager, if not done automatically at the first start.
But you should get a prompt about it.

1 Like

Yes, but if Cubase 13 is already activated in the Activation Manager, as I assume from Nicolas’ post, Cubase 12 just works without any additional steps.

1 Like

Okay, now my concern also is, will the projects that i created in C13 launch properly in C12?

Yes, that should work. At least, I don’t have any issues with it. If your project uses new stock plugins that are not part of Cubase 12, they can’t be loaded and will be missing, of course.
You can install Cubase 12 alongside Cubase 13 and check if the project opens correctly. So, there’s no need to uninstall Cubase 13 first.

1 Like

I guess, only if Cubase 13 stays installed.

Indeed, no need.

1 Like

Okay great, thanks @Martin90 and @st10ss :pray:t2::musical_note:

The license is distinct from the application. It doesn’t matter what applications are installed as long as you have the license activated in the activation manager.

3 Likes

Cubase 12 was never deleted unless you physically deleted it yourself.

1 Like

Except Cubase 13 ist the first version you bought or installed. :slight_smile:

No you can not load c13 projects in c12

Please. You can of course.

2 Likes

I used to work both Cubase pro 12 and 13. No problem.

Exactly what I just did - went back to 12.

13 is no longer installed on this machine.

Oh and sorry Nicolas, I accidentally hit the “flag” icon below your post and can’t find a way to undo. Apologies for that.

1 Like

Same here. I told them that in the survey they sent. I just hope they get their act together. Cubase 12 Pro runs great on my Macbook Pro M2 Max running Ventura.

2 Likes