Download Assistant woes

My download assistant says “A connection to the download server could not be established, etc.” I read in a help topic that I needed to download the SDA once again, but when I try, I get the same message. Am I doing something wrong? I’ve checked my internet connection and it’s fine.

How did you try to download the latest SDA? Via SDA itself or via the Steinberg website? In this case you should download it via our website.

I tried to download the SDA from the Steinberg site

Well, I"ve just downloaded both, Mac and Win version from our website and there was no problem at all, so it is not a general issue.
Maybe you can try on a different computer, e.g. ask a friend to do likewise, and if they succeed bounce the file via DropBox or whatever file sharing service.
Sorry, that’s the best advice I can give.

If you’re having trouble updating Steinberg Download Assistant, it might be a good idea to uninstall the current version before you install the new one. It definitely sounds as if you have not yet successfully managed to install the latest version (at the time of writing, version 1.35), which is required in order to make a successful connection to our download servers.

The latest installers can be found here:

Thank you, Daniel. Uninstalling the old version was indeed the key!