Download assistant

Sorry if this isn’t quite the right place to post, but it is related to Cubase9.5 - I have an issue with the download assistant - so unable to update or download anything else - with the latest “Steinberg_Download_Assistant_1.14.5_Installer_win.exe” it just stops…

“Error copying file from packed archive…”

Turned off UAC, virus scanner etc, but still no joy. Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue, or any ideas so I can install and download things again!!It’s pretty basic for the money spent on various licences!

Previous versions installed and worked perfectly.
Many thanks!

Hi, I am posting this late but I have exactly the same problem. Until today, I was using Cubase Artist version 10.0.15 and decided to update to the most current version of 10.060. Everything was going fine during the installation process until this error message popped up:

“Error copying file from packed archive C/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/RarSFX0/Cubase10Update/Additional Content/Copy Protection Driver/eLicenserControlSetup.exe to C/ProgramFiles/eLicenser/Tools/eLicenserCore.dll”

I have no idea what is going on. I was hoping you managed to solve your issue and could help me out here. Or if somebody else knows how to solve this problem?
Thanks a lot!

So, I am following up on my own post. I clicked on “Abort” on the window showing the error message. I thought it would end the installation process but after that, the installation continued as if everything was normal and the updates were successfully applied (at least, that how it looks like, maybe I’ll find something that went wrong further down the road, hopefully not…)