Download Assistant

I have just purchased Dorico, have my crossgrade approved and have bee led to download th Steinberg Download assistant. I have done that but when I run the assistant there is nothing to download.
See attached screengrab,

Oh dear! I will get in touch with the team who put SDA together and come back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks Daniel.

Same exact problem here. I also tried entering my activation code in the web form to see if that would enable the download, and although it did acknowledge my license, the download still does not show up in the assistant. Looks like a step is missing on the server side, or there is a very long delay propagating status.

Also, the process is entirely confusing. Here’s what I would suggest to show the user when their purchase is approved:

How to Start Using Dorico:

1. Install the latest version of eLicenser
  2. Enter your activation code:
  3. Install the Dorico download assistant (linked directly to the download file itself, not to another page)
  4. When the assistant detects your activated license from eLicenser, it will present you with a link to download the Dorico product installer.

The current purchase flow requires the user to infer/guess/puzzle this process from basically nothing. Please don’t do that. It’s this easy to spell it out on the receipt page so the user doesn’t have any reason to look around for instructions.

Is it possible that either of you are running a 32-bit version of Windows? Dorico requires a 64-bit operating system, and the download will only appear in the list if you are running a 64-bit operating system.

Definitely 64-bit. It is also a Windows preview, so it’s several months ahead of the standard release (currently a 2016-09-16 build of Windows 10). Would that mess things up? The differences should be minor, from an application perspective.

I’m running Windows 10 64bit.

Aha, if you’re in the Windows Insider program, then the current Windows 10 build incorrectly reports itself to Steinberg Download Assistant as 32-bit.

I will try to find out how you can download the file that SDA would download directly, so that you can download it without the use of SDA.

That’s my problem too. I’m on the slow ring in the Windows Insider program.

Here are the links you need:

Windows

Mac

See my posting below.

The first time when I attempted the Dorico download with the download manager it immediately caused a blue-screen crash of my computer.

After rebooting, the download manager after clicking the download button showed an error message:

Hasn’t the download manager been tested before the release of Dorico?

All subsequent attempts created the same error message.

Windows 7 x64 SP1

Thanks Daniel, I have the same issue as the OP and also on the Insider Preview program so downloading this link manually as well.

However running this has the same issue, it reports I’m running a 32-bit OS. However going inside the folder and running ‘Setup’ works. I hope this helps others.

All good now! Thanks Daniel.

Hi ,

I am on a 64 bit computer, I have a Steinberg key for my Cubase 5, so how do I download a temporary licence to use Dorico?

Thanks if someone can help me out here.

Steve :slight_smile: