Download Software Access Code

Hi,

This is my first post in the Steinberg forum so I hope I am posting this in the right place.

I recently upgraded from Cubase version 5.5 to version 7. The upgrade was purchased directly from Steinberg online. Since it was all done electronically there was no hard copy manual or user guide, just an email purchase confirmation containing an upgrade code that I have installed in my USB eLiscencer and a download link to the Cubase 7 install files.

My problem is that whenever I log onto MySteinberg and try to get the update to version 7.0.4 from selecting the link to “Download Software with Access Code”, I get asked for a 25 digit code that I need to input before I get to the actual download area. It says that I can find my Download Software Code in my owners manual or on a sheet as part of the product package. As I said above since I have neither of these I was wondering if anyone can help me out and let me know where my download software access code is located or how to go about getting one from Steinberg.

Best Regards,

Lachlan MacColl

The operators manual comes with Cubase 7 as a pdf file. No one gets a hard copy. I’ve just looked at mine and find nothing about any access code for downloading the 7.04 update. As far as I am aware, the only code you need is the elicencer code to install Cubase 7. The 7.04 update is free. Link below.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_7.html

Thanks for the reply dark blue man. I was clicking a link from the “MySteinberg” home page which had the following text (which I was obviously too stupid to read at the time).

\

DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE WITH ACCESS CODE

Obtain the permanent license and download the software that came with your hardware.

I found the link for the correct download page from the “MySteinberg” home page under … Support > Downloads. So even though I feel :blush: at the moment, thanks again for your reply.

Best Regards,

Lachlan MacColl

You’re welcome :wink: