Downloaded Spectralayer Pro 9 trial and the Basic program installed

I downloaded SpectralLayers Pro 9 trial and the Basic program installed on my computer. In the download center is shows Pro 9 but I still only get Basic. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Can come one tell me what i’m doing wrong?

Please run the Steinberg Activation Manager and make sure that your trial license is activated.

Note that all versions of Spectralayers 9 use the same installation files. It’s the license that defines which version will be run.

1 Like

Thank you! That did the trick!

Lorna

I had the same issue with a pro version key. Installation of Pro only gave me the basic version.
I did not know that I had to run Activation Manager.
Thank you - that helped!!!

I got the same problem. Basically Steinberg need to sort themselves out. My SLPro 7 died on me for some reason so I purchased SLPro9 upgrade and hit the same snag SL One installed, the properties said SLP9. They need separate installers, this is just lazy release management. Whether my SLPro 7 was caused by it going out of support in a few days I don’t know but it’s a bit coincidental. I get paranoid every time I open Steinberg products.

I assure you there’s no hidden license killer :slight_smile:
The unified installer (One/Elements/Pro) allows you to move freely between licenses, for instance starting with One, testing Pro over 30 days and reverting to One, or upgrading from One to Elements or from One or Elements to Pro without losing or damaging your ARA projects edited with one of those licenses.

1 Like