Drag folders into project

Hi everyone

I might be alone here, but I often get stems sent to me all nicely organised by folders and sub folders. It would be lovely if these folders could be dragged into an empty project and all the tracks imported nested in their relevant folders. Might be a technical challenge…

NLE’s can do it. You can drag a complete folder structure from the desktop or hard drive into Premiere, Resolve or Final Cut’s ‘media bay’ with sub folders and files intact. This doesn’t translate to the timeline directly - you have to drag them in from there, but the file sorting does occur.

So, it’s possible, but I’m not sure how hard it is to code into a DAW.

tg

But you can drag the contents of a folder completely into the project by marking all e.g. 50 files and moving them over as a package. Nuendo then asks if it should create 50 tracks or each file into one track.
Honestly, I don’t know how the content of subfolders should be included in the project. All on the same level, or also in folders and subfolders?
Would be very easy to program.

It’s already enough for me that I can drag 100 files from customers into a row in the project.

This is not quite the same now, but if you export an ADM BWF file and then import it again, the folder structure is (rudimentarily) retained. It would be great if this could be extended. The file format would support this.