Dragged Events Move To Random Locations

I’m not too sure when it started happening, but I am experiencing this particularly strange behaviour where if I click and drag anything, there’s a chance that, upon release, it shoots off into a random location.

So say I am moving midi notes, sometimes they will go to where I’m moving them, and sometimes they will move somewhere else.

There’s also the problem of events being dragged/moved in the timeline, snapping back to their initial location.

I’ve dug through all the program preferences and tried doing my own research in hopes of finding someone else with this issue, but I can’t seem to find anything.

I realized we can’t share video, but seeing it happen is the best way to explain it:
youtu(.)be/a4AmHORtmYE

I’m using Cubase Pro 11.0.41 Build 448
Any help with the matter would be much appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Try to disable the Use Video Follows Edit Mode option, please.

What graphic card do you use? Try the latest driver, please.

Howdy Martin! Thanks for helping out.

A quick test has Cubase functioning as expected. But I’ll need to work with it a little longer to be sure, since this happens unexpectedly. Though, I do also work with video and that’s a feature I’d ideally like on.

As for hardware, I was previously using a RTX 3090 but ran into some technical troubles with it and am now using a Strix 1070. Drivers are up-to-date with the latest at the time of writing this. However, this behaviour started before swapping cards up till now.

Hi DonDon,
It does sound like its tied to Video Follow Edit. My workflow is to enable that for doing timewarp for markers but then turn it off once their placed, otherwise my “moves” do exactly this.

Yikes. That seems like quite the unfortunate “feature.” But if this is the only way around it till it’s addressed, then I guess I’ll just keep this in mind moving forward.

Thank you

It kind of makes sense and by design. To be honest if you assume that the timeline is in two different modes when this is enabled/disabled its actually very convenient. I tend to do most of marker stuff and general pacing early so it ends up not being an issue. If you’re switching back and forth just takes adding that step to your muscle memory. I think the rewards outstrip the inconvenience.