Dragging files and copy paste

So now that I have created almost an entire song using Cubasis, The real poop is hitting the fan I guess. I can’t drag a wav file up to a track anymore and I can’t copy a region in one file and paste it in another. Please don’t tell me I need another app or plug-in to do this!

This app is sucking almost every bit of joy that I had for making music!

Hi @mchopkins,

Thanks for your message.

This app is sucking almost every bit of joy that I had for making music!

This should definitely not be the case. Please check our available Getting started with Cubasis tutorial, to learn more about the App workflow in near to no time.

I can’t drag a wav file up to a track anymore and I can’t copy a region in one file and paste it in another.

Does it help to shut down and restart the app, to quickly get around the issue?

Please let me know if this helps!

Best wishes
& stay safe,
Lars

Thank you, Lars. After taking a long break, I went back in and noticed during playback that instead of dropping the WAV file into the new track I created, Cubasis had placed every attempt on three different tracks— creating a layering/echoed effect that took a few minutes to find and erase each event.

I had to open an empty project and shutdown a few times yesterday. But it seems to be working better. I am transitioning from GarageBand, which never did any of these buggy things but it is also nowhere near as powerful as Cubasis!

Hi @mchopkins,

Thank you for your updated feedback.
I’m glad to read that things work better now.

I am transitioning from GarageBand

As mentioned above, please have a look at our Getting started with Cubasis tutorial, which should support you in getting used to the Cubasis workflow more quickly.

Alongside, we’re in preparation of the next Cubasis update which will add great new stuff, as well as resolving user-reported issues. It will still take a moment, but will be worth the wait…

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

1 Like