Drawing error in the Score Editor

Since I work with polyphonic staves a lot, I have encountered the following problem.

In the 4 bars of the following picture, all whole notes have MIDI channel 1.
The quarter notes also have channel 1 in the first measure, channel 2 in the second measure, and then channel 3 or 4 in the third or fourth measure.

In the score editor it looks like this:

As you can see, the quarter notes are displayed correctly when they are set to MIDI channel 2. If they are set to channel 3 or 4, they will overlap with the whole note.

It would be good if this problem is fixed soon.

Regards, Pat

1 Like

Confirmed. Thanks for the concise reproduction instructions. I’ll make sure it is reported.

3 Likes

I confirm too.
The placement is correct for voices 1/2. No correction is done in case of collision for other voices.
Same problem if using voices 1&3, or 1&4 or 2&3, 2&4, 3&4, 1&2&4, 1&3&4, 2&3&4 etc. (not sure there is any “etc.”)

(I had noticed some oddities in this area in the past but I didn’t take it seriously :blush: )

Thank you @P.A.T.
Thank you @steve

2 Likes

The same issue with the voices in the lower staff (bass clef) , using MIDI CH 05 - 08
Thanks!

By the way and fyi, Actually, it’s based on voices – doesn’t matter what channels they’re assigned to, the first two voices are placed correctly, add a third and it is not.’

2 Likes