Drawing error in the Score Editor

Since I work with polyphonic staves a lot, I have encountered the following problem.

In the 4 bars of the following picture, all whole notes have MIDI channel 1.
The quarter notes also have channel 1 in the first measure, channel 2 in the second measure, and then channel 3 or 4 in the third or fourth measure.

In the score editor it looks like this:

As you can see, the quarter notes are displayed correctly when they are set to MIDI channel 2. If they are set to channel 3 or 4, they will overlap with the whole note.

It would be good if this problem is fixed soon.

Regards, Pat

Confirmed. Thanks for the concise reproduction instructions. I’ll make sure it is reported.

2 Likes

I confirm too.
The placement is correct for voices 1/2. No correction is done in case of collision for other voices.
Same problem if using voices 1&3, or 1&4 or 2&3, 2&4, 3&4, 1&2&4, 1&3&4, 2&3&4 etc. (not sure there is any “etc.”)

(I had noticed some oddities in this area in the past but I didn’t take it seriously :blush: )

Thank you @P.A.T.
Thank you @steve

2 Likes

The same issue with the voices in the lower staff (bass clef) , using MIDI CH 05 - 08
Thanks!

By the way and fyi, Actually, it’s based on voices – doesn’t matter what channels they’re assigned to, the first two voices are placed correctly, add a third and it is not.’

2 Likes