I just changed PCs. I load cubase and, out of nowhere, I start getting this message :“driver could not be loaded”, while my UR44 interface is working perfectly fine on windows and other programs. A few days ago I realized that when I change the usb connection from my usb3 in my pc, to my usb2 usbhub, the problem goes away. Can I fix this somehow? It seems to be a cubase problem, because I have updated all the drivers for the UR44.
If you don’t get an answer here, you may have better luck solving this in the forum section for hardware, specifically the UR section (UR Series - Steinberg Forums).
If I recall correctly, this kind of thing has been discussed in that forum.
It’s been a few years since I last used a UR series interface, but if my memory serves me right, I also had to connect via a USB 2 hub rather than straight into a USB 3 port. But my experience is now very outdated, and there have been some driver updates and possibly even some firmware updates since then.
p.s. Cubase uses different drivers (ASIO) than Windows, that might explain why it works for Windows sound, but not Cubase (or anything else that uses ASIO).