Driver Error in Cubase AI8

I am running AI 8 in windows 10 on a raspberry Pi 400. I am running AI 8 as the Pi only runs windows in 32 bit mode, and AI 8 is the latest version in 32 bit… The problem occurs when I try configure my audio interface in devices setup (a Tascam US 2x2HR). I get the error message, “cannot load driver”. I have tried re-installing the driver, and uninstalling, then re-installing AI 8, but to no avail. The interface is registering in AI 8, and works fine in Ableton Live, but gets the error in cubase.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Are you sure the driver is 32bit, please?

No, where would I get one from?

Phil

Hi,

I would expect the download is avail from the hardware manufacturer web page.

I have tried earlier versions of the driver, and still the same. Like I say, 32 bit ableton works fine. Any further ideas.

Thanks,
Phil

Hi,

Oh, I didn’t know, you tested it in 32 bit Ableton. Then the 64/32 bit driver is not the issue.

Could you try to use ASIO4All instead of native Tascam driver?

Is it the same as the generic low latency ASIO driver? If so, it defaults to this, and no, it won’t work either. If no, then could you point me in the right direction. Thanks,
Phil

Hi,

No, it is not.

Well I installed the driver, and there are a couple of things still to figure out ( how to drive an external MIDI synth), but apart from that, it seems to work!
Many Thanks,
Phil