Dropouts although the CPU is only running at 50%

Hello everyone

I’m a bit at the end of my tether. With larger sessions (from approx. 40 tracks) I have dropouts practically every 2 seconds or the playback doesn’t sound at all. I’ve tried everything. But nothing has helped. BufferSize, Multiprocessing, Session Cleanup, AsioGuard Increase, Power Scheme, Power Settings Windows etc. etc. Nothing helped! I don’t have any Acustica Audio plugins in it either :slight_smile:

Funnily enough, the performance meter in Cubase hardly ever fails. At most a quarter of everything. Only the red box on the right is permanently red. The Task Manager also only shows about 50-60% utilization. There is still plenty of headroom.

Can you tell me what the problem is? Maybe someone of you had similar problems. I really don’t know what to do anymore. Other people’s sessions are running perfectly.

I am using the latest version of Cubase Pro 13
Interface Fireface RME 802 USB

Asus, 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900, 2.50 Ghz, 64 RAM
C: SSD Samsung (Read 7GB / s - Write 5,1G / s)
Session Data on SSD Samsung T7
GC: Nvidia 4060 RTX

CPU should not be a problem.

Thank you in advance for your tips. Maybe someone recognizes the problem.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Get the latest drivers for your graphics card, the set power management on the 3d tab to maximum performance. Try both studio and game.
And there’s an app that lets you prioritize cubase and it’s audio processes, found a video on yt…

Already did all this. No Solution of the problem.

Have you run Latency Mon

Hippo

No. Not yet. I will check that. Thank You

Also note that 50 to 60% of overall cpu utilisation can easily be 100% of a single core if you use long chains of effects, particularly on the master bus which will tend to load one core more than others.

1 Like

Very good point and even worse, if you have audio or vsti chain that uses 60% of a core and send FX that uses 50%> you will need 110%

Keep in mind that once triggered this indicator stays red until the meter is reset. So it doesn’t necessarily indicate an ongoing problem, only that processing got delayed at some point. On my system just opening a Project will trigger it when presumably Cubase is trying to do a bunch of stuff at the same time. But after resetting it stays off, unless/until it runs into a new triggering event.