Drum editing, bouncing problem in Cubase 6.5

Hi all,

I’ve got a little problem with the drum editor of Cubase 6. I need your help, since I’ve sticked in.

After I make the hitpoints and open the quantize panel, I press the warp audio button and do the quantation and Cubase corrects beautifully the dubs. I prefer warp mode to slice mode because transients stay better.

Warping charges a bit my computer, so after editing the dubs, I always bounce the audio files. My problem is that I don’t know whym, but after the bouncing the starting transients don’t get to the same place as before the bouncing.

I’ve never experienced anything like this. Can someone help me?

Thank you.

I think your problem is possibly from the import of your files and the tempo of the project. Do you have ‘musical mode’ checked in your pool window?

I’m not clear what you mean when you say ‘transients’ but I assume you mean where the notes/hits fall on the beat. I use the slice and not the warp but I’ve learned you need to typically use 1/16th note intervals to capture most drumming parts. And like you say, when it works, this feature is awesome. When it doesn’t it’s typically because the section was very busy. My point here would be that the slice method bounces perfectly, and there have been a few posts here where bouncing a warped track caused some timing issues. Maybe do a search of the database?