Drum Editor Shows Wrong List Of Sounds

When using the Drum Editor, I usually set the Drum Visibility Agents to Show Drum Sounds with Events (Operations Manual, page 784). With the Drum Editor open I can click on different MIDI Parts (OM, page 198), and the MIDI events in those Parts will display in the Drum Editor window.

But I just discovered a bug that can cause major confusion. When I click on a different MIDI Part that has drum sounds that were not in the original Part, the list of sounds displayed by the Drum Editor does not change. As a result, drum sounds that are part of the second MIDI Part but were not part of the first one are invisible! They become visible if I select Show All Drum Sounds and then select Show Drum Sounds with Events again.

This is a bug. The Drum Editor should display all the sounds that have events when it’s set that way. This means that if I click on a different MIDI Part, the Drum Editor should look at that Part and alter its display to show the sounds in that Part.

Hi,

Thank you. Confirmed and reported to Steinberg (CAN-17965).

As a workaround, if you double-click to the new MIDI Part, the correct filter is applied.

As a workaround, if you double-click to the new MIDI Part, the correct filter is applied.

Excellent. Thanks!