Drum editor weirdness

Good morning!

I programmed a drum track to a pre-recorded song, off the grid. In the meantime I moved some files around and accidentally moved the song file, so when I opened the project again it was missing. No big deal right, just move the file back right, well yes, but problem is my drum track no longer lined up. Every drum hit was moved fwd or bwd with some even overlapping (close hits in fills).

I went through and lined everything up again, closed Cubase. When I opened it there were once again drum hits moved, not as much as before, but there is no room for anything to be off. They need to be where I put them and stay there.

Has anyone noticed this, am I doing something wrong?

That happened to me.

Because of a persistent error message I got at shut down regarding the Video Engine, I removed videoengine.dll, VideoEngineDecoder.exe, VideoEngineOutputter.exe and VideoEnginePreloader.exe from “Documents and Settings/****/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase 7_64” Needless to say I don’t I don’t use the video function in Cubase.

The error messages stopped and the drum editor problem went away :slight_smile: Coincidence? Try it - just move the files to a folder on the desktop.

Any luck with this CappacinoKid?

Sry didn’t think I had any replies to this.

Funny you mention video editor cause I always get the ‘video engine has stopped working’ on shutdown.

I will try that fix, thanks mate.

EDIT; ok just dumped those files, be a couple days before I know if it fixes the issue. I don’t get the video message now. Thanks again.

:wink:

Seems to be working fine now, including the other drum editor problem I was having.

Thanks for the help.

I’ve reported this issue here - Steinberg Forums

Cool, hopefully they will look at it.