Drum map optimization

Is there any way we can hide UNASSIGNED lane in the drum map, so I can zoom out to fit screen better (not unused).

Also, can we please add drum map color coding function, so i can color code lanes that belong to different part of the drum kit to a color of my own preference, so i don’t have to zoom in to see the small text showing the name of the lane.

2 Likes

this is so far the only thing that makes me hesitate between cubase and studio one

Can you post a screenshot perhaps to show what you mean?

39e56e5e1aae93f00358bbe16c7b47dc20aa8312_2_690x464

custom color code + only showing lanes that i assigned

1 Like

That would actually be a nice improvement!

Custom color code would be indeed really nice!
If by “assigned” you mean only show the rows, which have data/hits on it, then this is possible by using the visibility agent (its this symbol which looks like a house in the menu bar of the drum editor)!

Yeah, I mean assigned by lane that has been assigned with a VST articulation, not a lane with midi datas on it, cause i never know if i want to hit that cowbell once of twice in a song, hiding lanes withouts midi data will not do the trick for me.

Honestly i think these are not very complicated features, I am just scared that such small thing takes forever to launch on cubase, the studio one just updated version 6 and there is a lot interesting things, i think i am going back to studio one until something happens here