Drum maps (.drm files) - I'm confused!

According to the Steinberg Knowledge Base (here), drummap files (.drm) are stored in ROOT/USER/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase6_64/Drumaps.

Except this folder does not exist! Nor do a lot of the other folders mentioned in the KB article.

If I manually create the folder, will I have access to all those drummaps for every project?

I’m aware that

but this means I have to re-do all my templates by opening an existing template where I have the correct drummap stored, changing all my presets and then re-saving as another template (and writing over the old one.) This is not exactly productive!

It was SO MUCH easier in Cubase 5! :wink:

Can anyone help me out here?

Miles

That’s the location for User Maps, IIRC. The included ones are in the C6 Program folder under Drum Maps.

Thanks for the quick reply, but I don’t have a Drum Maps folder!

I have the following:

OS(c):/ProgramFiles/Steinberg/Cubase6?..

Components
Documentation
Fonts
Help
midi port enabler
Presets
Project Templates
Scripts
Skins
VST Sound
VST XMLs
VST3
VSTPlugins.

None of these have any subfolders called Drum* or anything similar.

Still confused! :confused:

Reading the manual, :wink: , it says the maps are on the DVD and load them via the DM Setup window. From there, you can Save and it will create an XML file for use in other projects.

P. 402, top right of the Operations Manual.

Bit late to this party, I agree the Operation Guide says as you describe, when I insert the DVD it cannot find any drm map files.

There are a great many drum maps available on Steinberg’s FTP site: ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/, specifically here: ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Additional_Content/Drum_Maps/Groove_Agent_ONE_Drum_Maps.zip (for the preset kits in GAO) and here: ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Legacy_Additional_Content/Drummaps/.

You can store them wherever you find it convenient to browse to. Personally, I don’t store them in the Prefs folder as they are not version specific.

To load a Map from disk, click on Load in the Setup window, choose the Map you want to load, via the file selector, and click Open. The Map appears in the Drum Maps list and can now be selected from the pop-up menu of available Maps.

I’m using Cubase 8
MIDI>Drim map setup then click Functions and choose Load