[DUPE]Cubase 8.0.20 update causing problems

Hi, after updating F11 instrument rack command causes “serious problem” message and render settings option doesn’t show up.
I use windows 7 64 bit, RME HDSP AiO as a audio interface. Any advise?

Are you running Cubase 8.0.2 in 32 bit or 64 bit? Before Cubase Pro 8, what other versions of Cubase did you have on the system?

Windows and Cubase are both in 64 bit version. Before Cubase 8 I used Cubase 5.5.3 and after upgrading to Cubase 8 I haven’t noticed any problems till the latest uptade.

I have exactly the same problem with 8.0.20 in windows & cubase 64 bit. Have system restored to 8.0.10 and all working fine.

Element, do you have the same problem if you revert to 8.0.10 or 8.0.0?

after restoring to 8.0.10 works ok but what can I do to enjoy benefits of 8.0.20 without problems?

Are you preparing a fix to this update? Pls kindly inform.

Same problem!

Hello,

Duplicated issue: Steinberg Forums

This might be caused by a third party plug-in, have any of you try to open Cubase in Safe mode, does the problem persist?

Best regards,
GN

I’ve attempted to run cubase in safe mode but not had any luck…
You need to hold Ctrl + shift + Alt during the start up window yes?
If so it doesn’t work for me!
Dan

Hello,

Yes, then try pressing them before starting Cubase or as soon as the splash screens begins, bellow is a link that will explain you exactly how to proceed, if that doesn’t work then you will have to remove the preferences manually:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/removing-the-preferences-of-the-sequencer/

Best regards,
GN

Guillermo, there is no way that the problem could be caused by a third party plugins, the thing is that this update must be fixed and I would like to know if you do something about it. Pls kindly reply.

Hello,

Yes, it is posible, I can clearly see that you are new to the forum so you probably do not know how things work around here. Once we identify a problem we assign a number and move it to the collected issues once we have figure out the source of the problem.
The original thread remains in the issues report forum because we are still gathering information.
So if you follow the link above, you will see that it is under investigation.

Yes, the crash can be caused by a third party because I have tested and also the QA in a couple of systems where no other plug-ins or components are installed and it is not crashing, also it is an intermittent issue as other users do not have the problem.

You could actually help if you had your system specs listed in your signature and you could add a list of the third party plug-ins that you have installed on your system.

Best regards,
GN

Hi Guillermo,

I managed to get the safe mode screen up, clicked on disable preferences, and I got as far as clicking on create a new project…then Cubase suddenly crashed… :open_mouth:
Will attempt it again now.

Dan

Just tried a second time and still had no luck. Got as far as clicking ‘create new project’ again and Cubase had to close…

Dan

Hello,

That is terrible, do you have any crash logs that you could share?

Best regards,
GN

I’d happily share them…If i could remember where to find them! lol! (doh!)
Would you be able to direct me?

Cheers!
Dan

Hello,

Sure, if Cubase created a crash log it should be in: My Documents > Steinberg > Crash Dumps >

Best regards,
GN

Guillermo, thank you for your reply however I wonder why cubase 5 or 8 can handle 3rd party plugins and exactly the same bunch of plugins is problem after last update?
How can I send you my crash dumps files to investigate?

Hello,

We have the exact same question, that is why we need the crash logs, you can either attach them to a post on the thread, share a drop box link, or send them to me as a PM.

Best regards,
GN