[DUPE]Horrible Digital Noise when Playing VEP

Hey all,

Loving the new features of Cubase 8 so far. Odd thing happened recently. I loaded a project I had created with Cubase 7.5. It played perfectly in 7.5. The project was a fairly large one with over 80 tracks. I believe I had 7-8 Kontakts loaded internally as well as some loaded via Vienna Ensemble. Vienna was loaded on the same machine, but for routing and project size/loading issues I chose to have certain, very large tracks loaded on Vienna and kept them persistent. That way, I could turn off cubase or switch projects and I wouldn’t have to deal with load times.

Like I said, all worked well in Cubase 7.5.

I loaded the project into 8…overall things were sounding great. Every once in a while I would hear a small digital pop. Checked all the sample rates and instrument setup. Everything seemed kosher. The problem wasn’t THAT bad, so I continued on…

One of the sets of Instruments I had loaded was a Kontakt instance with a bunch of strings on it. They had, until this point been quiet in the sequence. When I went to play in a string part via cubase…it was almost as if something took hold of my machine and started screaming digital noise at me!!! All the meters went to red and for about a minute the machine was spitting out very loud digital distortion. After about a minute the distortion subsided but the meters were still registering red.

I reloaded the project as Cubase 7.5, tried playing the strings and mysteriously the problem was not there.

I don’t know if this is an issue with Vienna or Cubase or whether it is a common issue at all, but its making the transition to 8 somewhat difficult for me at this point.

Thanks for your time.

All the best
F

Hello,

It sounds like a duplicated post, please read the following thread, I think this two issues are related: Steinberg Forums

Best regards,
GN

Thanks.

I just read through the other thread. Is the audio dropout problem the same thing as the distortion that accompanies it and the small bumps of distortion I described?