[DUPE]Meters in plugins, and in control room frozen

Meters in steinberg-plugins are either frozen or very slow, mostly only moving when making a change to the plugin. Other plugins work fine.

This makes it very hard to use the Steinberg-plugins properly. Alos the control room Meter becomes pointless.
maximizer.jpg
. The channel meters work fine.
It also happens now and then to the strip. That is, the colors in the meters are absent or frozen, making it rather hard to use properly.
limiter.jpg
I know how to use the plugins properly, I’m just attaching the pictures to be clearer. :nerd:
This happens almost every time. With bigger projects, or completely new ones when I just load a wav and try.

Cubase 8 pro 64 bit
Windows 64 bit
8 g ram
Nvidia 550M
SSD drive
Intel i7 core
Roland Tri-capture interface

Hello Samuel,

looks like this is the known issue you can read of here: https://www.steinberg.net/nc/de/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-8-versionhistory-and-issues-and-solutions.html
Reference number BON-5474

Please, note that besides a GPU driver update, a Windows update might also be necessary.

Kind regards,

Thanks for the reply. :slight_smile:
I have all my drivers up to date. And all previous cubase versions have not had this problem. Also, if this is a known issue, does it mean it will be fixed soon? Because frankly, it renders steinberg plugins useless, and the mixer can’t be used properly. That, to me is a serious concern. This program is not cheap and my work depends on it.

Just to recall this issue, I have the same behavior with the meters. They hang for about 3-4 seconds, then actualise their parameters and hang again…

All drivers up to date, Win7 Ultimate included.

Same here.

MODERATOR, looks like this is the same issue discussed in the largest Cubase 8 issues thread here: Steinberg Forums.
Maybe that Misc.-Issues thread could be brought here and joined?