Duplicate all parts in all tracks in range

I wonder if there is an easier way to do this other than drag a selection box around all parts down 32 tracks and then alt dragging.

I read up a bit on the arranger track and know I can tell it to play a part twice and that works, but what if I want to create a new part based on an existing and just edit one thing? Typically I have to drag a box around all of them, alt-drag, and then go edit. I am wondering if there is a way to get rid of the huge box selection step.

ctrl-A will select all the parts in the project window (or notes in the Key Editor etc.) just like it does in most Window’s applications.

ctrl-D will duplicate all selected items

Yea, but I don’t want all. I want bars 4 through 8 for example.

Read the manual page 180 is what you require.

In Key Commands/Edit there are a bunch of selection commands including Select in Loop. Assign a key to it and use that.

My page 180 says:

Moving with the Object Selection Tool
PROCEDURE
1.In the Project window toolbar, click Object Selection.
2.In the event display, click the events or parts you want to move, and drag to a new position.
NOTE
You can only drag events to tracks of the same type.
3.Optional: Hold down [Ctrl]/[Command] while dragging to restrict movement either horizontally or vertically.

Which is not what I want. I don’t want to have to select every individual event within the range. I want everything from bar 4 to bar 8 without the extra clicks.

It’s really not a big deal. I just figured there was a quicker way, since it is something I have to do very often.

Sounds promising. I’ll give that a look see when I get home. Thanks.

A macro that does something like - loop range to selection, split loop, insert bars, select all in loop, duplicate - would accomplish what you want

The page number is wrong (maybe 180 is right for a previous rev of the ops manual). In the current manual the info you want is a few pages before 180 - I’m not at the DAW to get exact page, but look around a bit & you’ll find it.