[DUPLICATE] Lost Cuabsis projects

Hello to you all.this issue has happens to me every now and then.
While making a project, I activated channel strip on one of my tracks,started tweaking and boom Cubasis freezes.
I close and relaunch Cubasis for only to find that my project is gone and Cuabsis automatically opens up one of my recent projects.
I tried searching through my projects and one I was working on is no where up be found.i thought Cubasis Autosaved projects.this has happen to me for some time.
With and without Au instruments and effects .
Anybody else experienced this?

Hi John1289,

Thanks for your message.

If possible, please provide us with the exact steps to reproduce the problem.
Providing us with a short video nd/or the project via private message might be helpful as well.
Once our engineering is able to reproduce the issue, there is a good chance for a fix.

Thanks
Lars

Just regular track making.add your instrument or samples and start creating.you mixdown and boom Cubasis freezes during the process and when you relaunch it, your project is done.one time it happened after a long time I hadn’t used Zeeon.getting a video of it will be hard but I will try and get back to you

Hi John1289,

Thanks for your message.

In regular operations Cubasis should not freeze, or loose projects.
Therefore it is critical and super important for us to know every step involved to reproduce the issue (especially if third party apps are involved).

Please use this bug reporting form to let us know about the steps:

Once we are able to reproduce the issue, our engineering might be able to solve it.

Thanks,
Lars

Okk.would try and replicate.and get back to you

Hi John1289,

A reproducible scenario would be appreciated and helpful to evaluate the topic!

Thanks
Lars

Dam it.it has happen again.i wasn’t able to record it. it’s hard to understand why.i was working on a project this morning.
I had Model 15,SynthMaster Player,some few tracks of AudioLayer.
Then I added a new track of AudioLayer,chose a sample from the media bay and shared with audio copy.i then went onto the AudioLayer Track i added and chose to import from Audio copy.i recorded some midi on that track and then I deleted the whole track.and kaaboom.Cubasis crashed.i open it and my project was gone.Cubasis automatically opened a project I was working on yesterday.i tried looking in my projects to see if I could find this mornings work but the last date Cubasis shows is yesterday

Hi John1289,

Given your description shows that several third party apps are running in that project.
Any information like this is very important for us, since problems can easily arise, once 3rd party instruments /effects come into play.

If you’ve found a clear repro please let us have a full bug report, using the bug reporting form below.
Once our engineering is able to reproduce it, there is a good chance to find out where the problems are related to.

Best,
Lars

Bug Reporting Form

1. Summary/Title
    (Provide a short but descriptive sentence that summaries the issue or feature request)

2. Description
    (Provide a detailed description and list the step by step process to reproduce the issue to help the team to understand and reproduce the problem)

3. Expected Results
    (Describe what you expected to see)

4. Actual Results
    (Describe what you actually saw)

5. Environment
    (Count the hardware and software including version numbers being used)

Hello there Lars.the problem happened twice and both times,it was a different cause.
The first time,I was changing some parameters of a Channel Strip insert.Cubasis crashed and project gone missing.
The second time I think I was Freezing a track or something like that and Cubasis crashed and project gone missing.
The funny thing is that when the Cubasis crash,it opens up a project you were working on previously.like for esample,in my case it launched the project I was working on the night before.
It’s really hard to replicate since the App crashed while I was doing what I do always,creating music.so adding Au midi tracks,au inserts,freezing tracks.
Now all I do is take snapshots almost every time I make a change because I’m scared the project might disappear and it’s eating up space.
Filling the Bug form is just going to be me repeating what I’ve already written when it happened.the only Info in can add is my hardware and iOS version
I’m using an iPad Pro 10.5
IOS 12.4.1
And last Cubasis version.

Hi John1289,

To evaluate your issue, further information will be required.
Please note that I’ve sent you a private message with my contact, to exchange via E-mail.

Best,
Lars

Hello the Lars hope you are doing well.it also happen today.let me start by saying,I delete Cubasis and did a fresh install…
So today I had
AUDIOLAYER,MODEL 15 And LayR as Au instrument.
I then added an audio track and loaded a song to the audio track as references because is wanted to remake the instrumentals.
I started messing with The Channel Strip effect on the Audio track.I was messing with both nobs in the filter section and after a while, boom Cubasis froze.
I started screen recording before I Closed the app because I was sure the project was about to disappear.
While closing Cubasis,I noticed it made the iPad lag.when I reopened the app, project was gone and Cubasis loaded one of my recent projects instead .
The strange thing is that the audio was still playing even tho Cubasis had froze.
Skip to 1:48 to see me relaunch Cubasis.or you could watch the whole 2 minute video.

Hello the Lars hope you are doing well.it also happen today.let me start by saying,I delete Cubasis and did a fresh install…
So today I had
AUDIOLAYER,MODEL 15 And LayR as Au instrument.
I then added an audio track and loaded a song to the audio track as references because is wanted to remake the instrumentals.
I started messing with The Channel Strip effect on the Audio track.I was messing with both nobs in the filter section and after a while, boom Cubasis froze.
I started screen recording before I Closed the app because I was sure the project was about to disappear.
While closing Cubasis,I noticed it made the iPad lag.when I reopened the app, project was gone and Cubasis loaded one of my recent projects instead .
The strange thing is that the audio was still playing even tho Cubasis had froze.
Skip to 1:48 to see me relaunch Cubasis.or you could watch the whole 2 minute video.
https://youtu.be/1CizOFTBXiE

Hi

Thanks for your message which I’ve shared and discussed with our engineering.

The clip shows an user interface freeze, probably caused by a freeze of one of the third party app instruments while trying to save the project.

All of the 3rd party apps you’ve quoted to have in use in the project are CPU-demanding instruments apps by itself, which significantly increase the system load, probably leading to the crash/freeze issue. To avoid this issue, we strongly suggest to make use of track freeze to unstress the system load.

Nevertheless, the project should still remain available in the MediaBay projects folder.
Please double check the projects folder once more, and let us know if the project has disappeared (which should not be the case).

Thanks again,
Lars

Hello Lars.i wasn’t trying to save the project.i was messing around with The channel strip effect On the audio track.and also the synth tracks were mute the only was I had on solo had no midi information on the track.
I’ve been lucky this time,I was able to find the project in files app but it was not in Cubasis

Hello Lars.i wasn’t trying to save the project.i was messing around with The channel strip effect On the audio track.and also the synth tracks were mute the only was I had on solo had no midi information on the track.
I’ve been lucky this time,I was able to find the project in files app but it was not in Cubasis

Hi John1289,

Thanks for your message.

It seems likely that Cubasis tried to auto save the project.
It is odd, that the project itself did not appear in the MediaBay.

Shared your message within our team.

Best,
Lars

Hi John1289 again,

After having discussed the topic with our engineering, the following additional information would be helpful:

• What is the name of the project folder in the files app?
  • Does it have the file format ending .cbp?
  • If feasible, please provide us with a short video clip, that shows the project folder of the Files app, and the location of the MediaBay.
  • If feasible, please let us have a copy of the projects folder out of the Files app (should be possible like this: copy to iCloud Drive, access via Mac/PC, zip the files and transfer them).

Please upload the requested files via DropBox, WeTransfer or similar and let me have the download link(s) via private message.

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Lars

Hi all,

Please have a look at our reply in the following topic, which is similar to this issue.

Best,
Lars