Duplicating an audio track does not show the option dialog

Why when I duplicate an audio track, the Option choice dialog, as I selected in preferences, does not popup ?
The attached clip in the pool is not changed, it is always the copied clip where I would prefer to have a new clip copied from the original ?
I say this because when I select my original tracks (not the copied ones) and use the ‘Set definition from tempo’ action where I choose to change the selected file to musical mode, all my copied tracks get changed to Musical mode, because they still share the same clip .
If the option dilog does not appear when I copy the tracks, I would expect it to appear when I use Set definition from tempo in order to create a physical copy of the clip before applying the command to selected tracks.

Hi,

This dialog is not called, when you duplicate the track. It is called, when you would start to edit the Audio Event(s).

Ok, so why when I select my original tracks (not the copied ones) and use the ‘Set definition from tempo’ action where I choose to change the selected file to musical mode, all my copied tracks get modified and changed to Musical mode, because they still share the same clip .
The dialog should popup before the change proceeds

Sounds like you have clicked don’t ask again. You can change it in preferences so it will ask again. I’m not in front of Cubase so I can’t say exactly where.