DVD-A Menu Generation

What happened to editing the DVD-A menu? WaveLab 6 provided this option, but I can’t find it in WaveLab 8.

The menu are generated automatically, but cant be customized as in wavelab 6.

Thank you for the response. :slight_smile:

DVD Audio has been an important part of my work process since WaveLab v5. It has become extremely tedious to export audio to v6 from v8 to use the customized menu generation. DVD Audio seems to have taken a back seat to the CD and DDP generation. Are you phasing out DVD Audio in WaveLab? Is customized menu generation going to be added to v8 in the near future? If not, is there a program that I could use with v8 that has customized menu generation? This customer really likes the ability to make customized DVD Audio discs and v8 isn’t as sweet in this regard.

Are you phasing out DVD Audio in WaveLab? Is customized menu generation going to be added to v8 in the near future? If not, is there a program that I could use with v8 that has customized menu generation?

DVD-A support is meant to remain, but not to evolve. This (good) format has not met enough public success, and they are few WaveLab users making use of it.

I use DVD-A (if you’re counting); but of course it’s support in WaveLab is limited in any case by the lack of (the admittedly stupidly expensive) MLP.

It’s fine if support remains, but really some support is being taken away…

How do you know how many use DVD-Audio? Yamaha, Denon, Oppo, Pioneer, and others still make DVD-Audio players, especially on the high-end. A few more websites are making it available to download high-resolution audio, which is intended for DVD-Audio or SACD players. I would argue that you’re wrong about it being a deprecated format. I think it’s still vital and strong as it’s ever been. Even your own parent company still makes DVD-Audio players. It’s a great feature and I feel it should have at least as much support as it did in WaveLab 6. It’s a great format to archive high-resolution audio. People complain about audio quality declining, but how can we as an industry support better quality without supporting the format and media?

Thanks for consideration.

How do you know how many use DVD-Audio? Yamaha, Denon, Oppo, Pioneer, and others still make DVD-Audio players, especially on the high-end. A few more websites are making it available to download high-resolution audio, which is intended for DVD-Audio or SACD players.

It’s a shame, but unfortunately it’s true. The good HIFI formats has gone. Actual I know only a handful companies which support the DVD-A and SACD format in their “Multiformat Player”.
For Audio Software developer like Steinberg, and others it’s very difficult to support such formats actual and in the future.
We also prefer high resolution productions, and we are happy that we keep our ‘old’ software from yesterday, to create some DVD-A productions for our customer.
Some years ago we purchased “Minnetonka - Discwelder Chrome”, from my point of view a fantastic DVD-A Authoring software. As user you have many possibilities to create DVD-A Menus. Unfortunately Minnetonka has stopped to devolope this software (approx. 2 years ago). Actual they only have the “Discwelder Bronze” software. This version has no possibilites to create DVD-A menu. With Discwelder Chrome we had the complete setup for 5.1 - 24/96 Authoring (integrated MLP Encoder).

If not, is there a program that I could use with v8 that has customized menu generation?

My recommendation - Contact Minnetonka European support or Minnetonka USA direct. The people are very helpful. May be that they have an “old Chrome” Version, but careful; the software is very expensive (with MLP encoder) approx. 5.000 Euro. We mix our Audio files in WL 8 and make the complete DVD-A Authoring with the Minnetonka Software.

I hope that this can help