Dynamic Positioning on Rest - Global Engraving Option?

There should be a global dynamic engraving option for when to position dynamics after the beat automatically, such as in this case where I have a crescendo leading to a dynamic on the rest. I am able to do this on a case-by-case basis with local dynamics properties (in the bottom tab) which I then propagate to their respective parts, but this seems like a kind of case that would merit its own setting in the engraving options.

Before:

After:

I’m not aware of this as a commonly-used convention, Andrew. How is what you’re notating there distinct from the pianissimo arriving at the end of the note, as indicated by the placement of the dynamic as Dorico produces it by default?

From a mental and rehearsal perspective, it’s often easier in some contexts to think of the pianissimo as the arrival point on the downbeat of the rest rather than at some fractional point just before the rest. This is similar to the use of people tying over notes into the next beat or bar with an eighth rest; especially in more educational contexts, that dictates that the release is not until on the following beat and not beforehand - the same principle applies to dynamics there too. All this would be is just converting that mindset without having to tie the note over to the next beat.

Perhaps I’m the minority on this though. To me I think it looks better, especially in a score context like this.