Dynamics/Barlines

If this has already been addressed, my apologies, but I couldn’t find it.

Is there a setting someplace that will offset dynamics from touching barlines by, say, a half space or so? I’ve gone through Engraving Options:Dynamics with a fine-tooth comb but couldn’t find anything.

The attached shows the issue: the mf’s on the left are touching the barlines (not desired), while the pp’s on the right, which I moved manually, are slightly offset from the barline (desired.)

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Lew, that setting is in Engraving Options as you suspected.

Hmm, I saw that but thought it only applied to hairpins. I’m not at my computer right now, but I’ll try it as soon as I get home.

Thanks!

I may have steered you wrong. (Sorry). There doesn’t seem to be an option to set spacing at beginning of a barline, only the end or system breaks. Since this is a text element, you could perhaps get a better default placement by choosing the option that places text dynamics aligned to the left of notehead. Ideally, Dorico would avoid the barline automatically by shifting things.

Both making dynamics move a little to avoid the barline and also automatically erasing the barline above and below the dynamic are on our list for the future.

Great!

Thanks, Daniel.