E-Licencing

I am just wondering whether Steinberg are any nearer to having a new licensing system? Like most users, I would like to be able to use Dorico on both my desktop and laptop computers and it isn’t convenient for me to use a dongle. Most software applications that I use allow me to have two and often three authorisations and it is a very convenient and simple. I changed from Cubase to Logic for this very reason as I was always forgetting to unplug my dongle!

There is no new news to share, except to say that work on this project is ongoing. You can be sure that as soon as we have news, we will share it.

Thanks Daniel.

16 months on, is there any news of a new licensing system yet? I love Dorico, I admire the people who have tirelessly worked to make it the best scoring software in the world. However, my huge frustration is not being able to run Dorico on more than one machine without having to remember to take the bloody dongle! It is a huge, huge, hassle. With every other piece of software I own, the license allows me to install it on at least two machines. I can’t believe that the might of Steinberg hasn’t come up with a solution for this yet.

1 Like

That will be an amazing step forward. Can’t wait!