E-licenser issue. Reinstall, reactivation doesn't help.

Just to double check: you’ve run eLicenser Control Center as administrator, right? If not, do try that.

Have you rebooted your machine? Maybe some zombie Sysnsopos process is around that prevents everything else from running.

If all else fails, Heiko, you should be able to uninstall eLCC 6.12 and reinstall version 6.11, which are still available on the eLicenser page here. However, it would be great to get to the bottom of this if possible.

Hi there! I’m having the same issue as HeiPet. Updated eLicenser to the latest version, updated Dorico and now I’m stuck at the splash screen. It’s just sitting there, frozen. No activity in the Task Manager. I’ve tried rebooting and I always run both eLicenser and Dorico in administrator mode.

Cubase 10.5.12 and SpectraLayers 6 load normally.

Windows 10 Pro 1909

I did the following:
Rebooting the system
Updating to Dorico 3.5.10 with the updater
Rebooting
Running eLicenser Control Center as Administrator and running the maintainance tasks
Running Dorico 3.5.10. as an administrator
I do get the the splash screen again, but nothing else
Any suggestions before I try to reinstall the older version?

I followed Daniel’s suggestion, rolled back to the previous eLicenser version and now Dorico loads normally. Phew!

Here’s the download link: https://download.steinberg.net/downloads/Archive/eLC_6.11.10.272/eLicenserControlSetup.exe

Because I need to work again with Dorico, I reinstalled the older version of the eLCC as well and I’m back into business.
I’ve there is something I should try, please let me know.

Thanks for letting us know you’re back up and running. I will consult with the eLicenser team and ask whether there is anything they would like us to try.

It’s a bit strange, that my other Steinberg programs (Cubase and WaveLab) were not affected. Just Dorico.