E-licenser issue

E-licenser was a bit wonky for some time now (not enough licences on your… or something message) every time i started the program (8.5 until today)

Today i bought the upgrade, downloaded and installed it but then faild to activate it.

I have a usb e licenser

I downloaded and installed the latest e licenser, reboted my computer and noticed that even the license of the previous (8.5) version is gone.

When i try to activate any of the two versions that i own, it says :

currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB e- licenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer.

This is what bothers me the most. The first and the only FULL version of cubase i bought was cubase 6 and from than on i just upgraded. First to 8, than to 8.5, now to 9.

From what i understand from this, i should have the original activation code from the first full version of cubase i bought, and than same for every time i upgraded? This is ridiculous, there is only cubase 8.5 listed under my products…?

What should i do?

Hi,

1st of all, contact Steinberg support, please.

Make sure, your USB-eLicenser is not broken. Make sure you have the latest eLCC installed. Make sure, your USB-eLicenser is connected to USB 2 port (not USB 3), please.

I’m using a MAC running Sierra,
After the install of C9, I can’t connect to my elicenser . When I try, I get an error
Connection to protection device lost. I tried to connect to it on a PC machine with an earlier version of elicenser control and the latest version without joy.

I did not get the error but there are no licenses on the unit now and the unit serial number is not populated.

In the device manager, it s listed as a Protected Executer.
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

The bonus is, all my licenses are registered online.
It’s hard to believe that this is a bizarre coincidence.
I’ve used it for years without as much as a hiccup.
Regardless, I ordered a new dongle

I m dead in the water until it comes in and am able to recover my licenses.

Hi,

Isn’t it related to this?

Yes, we have to sort an issue that was caused by the huge demand over the last almost 24 hours. The licenses shown in the eLicenser Control Center should soon be in sync with MySteinberg again.