E-Licenser list

I didn’t know where to post this so feel free to move this admins. I’m really trying to avoid getting an ilok because I just don’t have the available USB ports and I’m trying to keep my setup portable by not using powered USB hubs. Is there a list of companies that support the E-licenser somewhere? All I found was this https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/usb-elicensersteinberg-key-details-tips-and-troubleshooting.html . It seems most companies have gone with ilok. Will E-licenser be abandoned by Steinberg because no one is really using it?

The list is in the link you posted. And to your question, no.

I don’t know if there is a list of other companies whose software requires the use of Steinberg’s e-licenser (other than those you linked to), a quick Google didn’t show anything else.

On the other question it seems pretty unlikely to me that Steinberg will stop using the e-Licenser any time soon. They purchased the e-Licenser company a few years ago to be in control of it and presumably find it works pretty well in stopping piracy.

Why does it seem most companies prefer ilok over elicenser? I’ve found only one company that supported both.

Just keep away from anything that uses Ilok…I dumped Ivory and R2 reverb because every week or so Ilok would not let me use them for one reason or another,
and the happy side effect was that I found a better verb in Valhalla vintage and a better piano in Galaxy…
both much cheaper :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

best, Kevin

I’m eyeing down some softube plugins. Could you recommend any good alternatives that don’t use ilok. From my understanding waves is the biggest alternative and waves uses ilok also.

Waves do not use iLok anymore, just checked today.

Yep!! Waves no longer needs an Ilok…

you say your looking at some Softube plugins and would like some alternatives…which plugins though?
and google is your best friend in this regard… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Kevin