e-licenser Transfer ( 4.5.3 > 10 )

Hi, I’m sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong section - wasn’t sure of the best place to ask. I have Cubase 4.5.3 with a USB e-licenser. My friend is selling her copy of Cubase 10 also with a USB e-licenser but she’s in another country. Does anybody know if it’s possible to transfer her Cubase 10 license over to my USB e-licenser? Failing that, is there any way to complete this transfer without the exchange of the actual physical hardware?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

It is possible, but only if you plugin both dongles to the same computer.

I’m not sure if it’s possible to unload the license from the dongle and transfer it to your MySteinberg account and then move to your dongle.

Hi KHS,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes I’m not sure if that’s possible either but that’s what I was hoping ie. to move it to my MySteinberg account and then to my dongle. Maybe someone else will know…?

It seems that the eLCC has an option to remove a license, just not sure how it works exactly.

that pemanently deletes an expired demo

The answer is “no”, but your friend can check that this is true by using the Resale Wizard.

Thank you for all your replies. I really appreciate it.

@MrSoundman - Cheers for the link. I’ll definitely send that to my friend. Looks very useful.

In the meantime - I’ve also raised a separate support ticket with the Steinberg team so I’ll report back here if and when I get a reply.

The replyyou will get isthe same like th eone you got from Mr.Soundman.