e-licenser

After some time looking around the site, I still can’t find answers specific to WL9 Elements.

Does WL 9 Elements require a USB e-licenser?
Is the USB e-licenser required to run a purchased copy of WL 9 Elements?
If a dongle is required, can an iLok 2 substitute?
Will the boxed version of 9 Elements include the dongle?
When will boxed versions be available?
What will a boxed version include that isn’t included in the e-delivery version?
A demo of 9 Elements isn’t available - will it be?
If a demo does become available, will it require e-licenser?

Thanks,

Does WL 9 Elements require a USB e-licenser?
No, the WaveLab Elements 9 license can be stored on a Soft-eLicenser, but a USB-eLicenser can be used too.

Is the USB e-licenser required to run a purchased copy of WL 9 Elements?
No, it isn’t.

If a dongle is required, can an iLok 2 substitute?
An iLok 2 can not be used to store Steinberg licenses.

Will the boxed version of 9 Elements include the dongle?
No, because it is not required.

When will boxed versions be available?
Boxed versions are already available.

What will a boxed version include that isn’t included in the e-delivery version?
A box.

A demo of 9 Elements isn’t available - will it be?
Yes, it will be available soon.

If a demo does become available, will it require e-licenser?
The WaveLab Elements 9 trial version will use the Soft-eLicenser too.

Any idea how I would deactivate my license for wavelab 9 elements so that I can use it on my MAC now? I am hoping this can be easily done but I cant find how to do it anywhere. Please help.

Please reactivate your Product via your MySteinberg account.

Uwe, this is fascinating… Are you saying that I can move my licenses - that are on my Steinberg dongle - to my HD soft eLicenser? Pressing the ‘Help’ button of the eLicenser control panel, a document appears that suggests I can drag and drop my licenses from one storage device to another. AAAAARRRNNN! No, not happening. Is there someone who can better explain the procedure? Thanks.

Licenses can only be moved between USB-eLicensers, and from a Soft-eLicenser to a USB-eLicenser.
It is not possible to move licenses from a USB-eLicenser to a Soft-eLicenser.

Hi,

another question about activating WL9 El’s:
I have a USB licenser(Cubase) and Waveleb LE7 as softlicenser.
Now I upgraded to 9-Elements but I cannot activate this, it says versionLE7 is not activated?
This 7-version I do have registered, but ( it came with a Zoom H2N ) you can’t see an activationcode because activation was automaticly.
WHen I do Maintenance in the Econtrolcentre, it says it was activated on another computer, which is correct. That was my Laptop a few yeras ago, but that one is broken down and I only use my PC on which WL 7 LE works fine.
How can I transfer or re-activate the LE7 so that my 9-upgrade can be actived as well?