E-licensor not showing any license? Verify pending license?

Hi there, I am a total beginner to cubase and music production therefore I am very ill-informed on setting up and the process of registering. I bought cubase artist 11 and upgrade from cubase artist 11 to pro 11 back in December however I had just activated them now in June.

So I basically added both my download access code of cubase artist 11 and the upgrade from artist 11 to pro 11 in the “enter your download access code” but I got cubase artist 12 and cubase pro 12 instead. Is this because I am eligible for the grace period and it automatically gave me cubase 12?

I am confused as to why nothing shows up under my licenses in the e-licenser control centre.

And although I have the Cubase pro 12 application, I do not get why it says the cubase pro 12 upgrade from pro 11 upgrade is not activated yet?

There is also no products under the soft e-licenser and the USB e-licenser.

But then again it shows on the Steinberg activation manager that cubase artist 12 is activated but pro 12 is pending verification?

Screenshot 2022-06-06 at 02.14.18.png

When I add the activation code I got, it tells me there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgraded license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an upgradeable, to your computer.

I do not get what I am doing wrong, if you could explain in the simplest terms too as I am very new to this, I would be very grateful. I know some licenses should come up under my licenses but nothing is showing. I would really appreciate the help as they’re telling me my cubase pro 12 will stop working on 02-07-2022 if I don’t verify my pending license? Please help.

That’s a bit confusing, but I think this is what happened:

If you only activated Cubase Artist 11 recently, then the upgrade from Cubase Artist 11 to Cubase Pro 11 isn’t going to work, because you don’t have Cubase 11 anymore. That’s because your license got upgraded to Cubase Artist 12 for free because of the grace period.

You might be able to ask for a refund on your Cubase Artist 11 → Pro 11 upgrade depending on where you bought it.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for replying. I haven’t got any replies from the support team so I am urgently looking for answers before “cubase pro 12” expires?

But in the Steinberg Download assistant, it shows me that cubase 12 pro application is installed? But I guess it is just not verified yet?

And also, when I open up cubase, it shows me cubase pro 12. I’m guessing it will become cubase artist 12 if I can’t verify before the 2nd of July? And if I’m wrong, did I buy an e-licenser for nothing as well then? Because doesn’t Cubase 12 work without e-licensers now? It shows nothing in my e-licenser too.

The only reason I bought cubase artist 11 was because it was a cheaper option to upgrade from artist 11 to pro 11 instead of directly buying pro 11. Couldn’t they have upgraded to pro 12 after I installed the upgrade from artist 11 to pro 11?

No one is replying from the support team. It’s going to be 2 weeks now since I sent them a support request.

Do you perhaps know from experience if they have done stuff like these and give refunds?