Eardrum Health

Twice today I have had my eardrums wrecked and the only common denominator was Cubasis on iOS. First time connected to Scarlet i2i and my closed back headphones. Second time, to studio monitors connected to an IK Multimedia iRig Keys. It’s a HORRIBLE sound that is so startling you’re thinking “what have I done” and then “what should I do!!!” Take off the headphones for one thing! But when the sound of an alien invasion fills the room, it’s even more scary.

They both happened when I was playing back 1 track of vocals on Solo. Does anyone know how to keep this from happening? I don’t think my ears or heart can handle it again.

Hi @mchopkins,

Thank you for your message.

We are sorry to read that you seem to have issues using Cubasis!

Do you have further information or the exact steps to reproduce the problem, to allow our engineers to evaluate the issue?

Thank you
& stay well,
Lars

Hi Lars,

I was on battery power, editing vocals on one track in solo mode. iPad Pro 2018. Software all updated.

Literally nothing else to report. Other than my ears are still hurting from this loud feedback.

It seems like Cubasis has so much potential but with so many bugs, very very inhibitive to music making process.

This issue persists. It is now a literal explosion of static with no warning. It’s going to ruin my monitors and my ears and possibly cause cardiac arrest at this stage in the game.

Cubasis is the most ridiculous app I’ve ever used, and not in a good way! I quit the app and the sound continued to play. Thank god I was able to shut down the iPad because that’s what it took to get the music to stop playing once the static explosion ended!

Hi @mchopkins,

Thank you for your message.

We are sorry to read about your issues with Cubasis.
We do our best to resolve as many as possible user-reported issues on a regular basis.

If possible, please let us know the steps to reproduce the problems.
Once known, there is a good chance to see them resolved by our engineers.

In regards to stocked MIDI notes, simply open the “Routing” tap of a MIDI track in the inspector to the left and tap the “MIDI Panic” button.

Thanks again,
Lars

I have to restart the app and the iPad Pro at least twice during a session even with the new update. The ear bleeding, room clearing static noise persists and I notice it’s after I have moved the marker (?) to different locations in the track, Cubasis decides to have a freak out with the most horrible static crashing into the ear I’ve ever heard.

New problem since the update and it happens after a reboot as well as later in session: static sound while scrolling through the track, top to bottom. Cubasis is so powerful I’m thinking it’s too great for an iPad unfortunately :frowning:

Follow up: For reference, this new scrolling static phenomena sounds like a needle scratching across a record.

It occurs when scrolling up or down the page while playing the track.

Hi @mchopkins,

If possible, please provide us with a project, alongside with a step description to allow us reproducing the problem.

Please upload the project via Dropbox or similar and let me have the download link via private message.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thank you so much I will try to get the file together and send you the link. In the meantime, do you think it has something to do with the fact that I’m not using a Steinberg audio interface? I’m going through my IK multimedia iRig keys to the studio monitors now.

Maybe Cubasis doesn’t love the iPad with that built-in audio interface? But actually the static has occurred when I was just using the iPad speakers and no external connection.

Thanks

Hi @mchopkins,

Thank you for your message and your support.

Once our engineers are able to reproduce the problem, they should be able to tell more about its cause, and are hopefully able to resolve it.

Once ready, please upload the project via Dropbox or similar and let me have the download link via private message.

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars