Earphone Problem (last post I hope)

ULF!!!

Thank you my friend. I updated to version 1607 OS Build 15031.0

Going to attempt your advice RIGHT NOW!!! :smiley: :ugeek:

I wish I could give your kids a nice gift for your wonderful help so far…but do HUG them BIG TIME for me and say to them that there is an uncle 9.729 Km from your home who wanted you to hug them for him. What a blessing it must be to be a parent!

OK…let’s get started!

Greetings!
Hans

PETER ROOS!!!

ALSO THANK YOU!!! You gave me incredible information to get started. I know there are much more, like not only reverbs but also early reflections and proper panning. HUGE SUBJECT!

And YES! I know Hans Zimmer uses Cubase, but the last lime I checked, he is still on version 5…but I’m pretty sure he is up to date by now. BTW, he is offering and online composition course which I REALLY want to do!

The is a VST2 Plug-in “Virtual Sound stage” which I used in Sibelius. It’s AMAZING. If you place an instrument on the stage (of which there are many different halls with their settings) and you move the instrument around, you can actually hear the instrument move around on the “stage”…closer, further, left, right etc. It will be GREAT if someone could create a plugin like this for Dorico because I can not get “VSS” to work in Dorico. :frowning:

Anyway, THANKS for your input!!!
Hans

ULF! From which planet did you get this thing? Hell, South Africa hardly has any Bluetooth dongles available. They are moving away from it.

That thing looks GOOD and sexy…WOW…I think I must import one!

Hans

ULF! You GENIUS!

It works!

I deleted BlueSoleil and Windows 10installed it’s owm Bluetooth driver…and it supports 5.1 surroumd!
THANK YOU!

ULF! Good morning my Hamburg friend. Kids at school? Enjoying nice cup of coffee at your desk while reading in the newspaper what Britain’s issue is regarding the Brexit issue? :wink: OR are you basking in my effusive statement I made last night regarding your very well MISUNDERSTOOD post you made to me yesterday. Allow me to explain…

Yes, of course you are a genius (damn I wish I had 1/100th of your knowledge), but the point is I misunderstood you. With my very thick red swollen tired eyes (on my way to reboot my brain), I per chance saw your new post and read it wrongly. I took your advice to: uninstall “BlueSoleil” as Windows (latest built) included a new Bluetooth driver that connects multiple devices. So, while I started to power down in hibernation mode, I uninstalled “BlueSoleil” and rebooted (my PC :slight_smile: in order to get rid of that icon that resides in that hidden part near the clock on my Taskbar). New problem…I just updated to Build 1503.0 that afternoon and there is a bug. Clicking on “Settings” SOMETIMES does not open settings…so I headed to the old “Control Panel” and headed over to “Devices and Printers”. I clicked on “New Devices” and Lo and behold, Windows 10 picked up my ïPad’s Physical Keyboard" AND JBL’s!. THAT is why I thanked you and elevated your status to genius (don’t worry, it still is! :slight_smile: ). I noticed in Pic1.jpg and Pic2.jpg that Windows 10 has a (propably “friendly name - Windows Sonic for Earphones” driver installed with 5.1 (surround) capability)…and then I powered my brain down very happy! *BUT…

AFTER my rebooted brain activated out of hibernation mode this morning (my brain…4 bit BBC micro…well rather Commodore 64)…

I noticed you wrote:
“…Well, my blue tooth adapter arrived really quickly and I have it now running on my Win10 laptop…”

So, THAT is the story…you purchased that 10 Euro (amazingly beautiful device by the why) Bluetooth/WiFi device and THAT is what enabled you to multi-connect the various devices. OK, my CPU needs an upgrade. Problem is:

I live in South Africa and THIS (Pic 3.jpg) is ALL I can find in our HIGHLY ADVANCED AND UPDATED computer shops!! I was told that (by a VERY young little genius “just left high school” international hacker type sales boy) that the “world is doing away with Bluetooth dongles as Bluetooth are now being built standard on computer motherboards!”) Now…how can this BBC Micro argue with this I7 8Core 17 year old brain standing in front of me. So I thank him feeling stupid and purchased this HIGHLY wonderful dongle (Pic3.jpg) and sit with this problem you and I are discussing!

BUT, actually that little boy does not realise that I grew up with computers since NASA built that huge 1 bit computer that prevented Armstrong to land the LEM at the correct place. I started on the Atari to ZX81 to ZX Spectrum to BBC Micro (started Basic programming and little machine code (WAY too difficult for me) to BBC Amiga to IBM 386 Windows 3.1 (started programming Visual Basic (WOW Windows Programming at last)…and my brain got an upgrade to i20 20 core by 2017!! (With your teaching and doctrines) So that little boy in the shop did not fool me with his “clever” rhetoric thinking he just BS’es a 50yo man who (HE accessed) probably hardly knows how to use a Note 4 Mobile Phone (These kids guys like us purchase the expensive phone but are only able to text and make a phone call…tttt!). But I knew arguing with HIS 1975 Atari Brain is going to be useless and I knew I would make use of the esoteric part of the way we colonials (no racism intended!..it’s just that our locals are happy with local stock and cheap “short lasting” stuff from China and Pakistani’s) do here and order the device YOU posted from a 1st World Country. 10 Euro…I should manage that…about 141 ZAR. :ugeek: :ugeek:

OK, OK back to the point. So this morning I heard my iPad through my JBL’s and (while connected to the iPad), I tried to connect to my PC and guess what…it won’t connect! My i20 brain told me that OBVIOUSLY it’s because it is still connected to the iPad and cannot connect to Wondow 10 as well. So I thought ULF! what did I miss in your instructions…and THAT is where my brain temporarily (I might say) had some Atari flash backs!

I noticed (this morning over coffee) that you purchased that device that enabled you to do the connection, so…in short (Yeah right)…I am going to order that thing as well. Sorry for misunderstanding and that (as usual) for your i10000 brain advice!

UPDATE: Yeah, I just noticed in Dorico that my JBL’s does NOT appear in the list as in yours. :frowning:

Now isn’t THIS post a better read than Brexit politics? :smiley:

Blessings from the inferno southern hemisphere!
Hans Nel

PS. As you probably know, I am a Warrant Officer Class 2 in the South African Navy Band as well and the Navy Band is currently in England to attend a memorial services whereby one of our WW1 troopships collided with an Argentinian cargo ship that was speeding to avoid your U-Boats! :wink: I was the unfortunate one to stay behind as I am in the "Publishing (Arranging/Composition) Dept.). Well, maybe THAT will be in the news and NOT Brexit! :smiley:
1.JPG

3.JPG

Hi Hans,

you know, there are people out there that don’t like your prosaic style of writing here, but I enjoy it. Would also like to reply in the same manner, but unfortunately don’t have the time.

So, to the issue with your BT headphone: Well, indeed, if your headphone is connected to your iPad, then that’s it, can’t connect at the same time to your PC. So you first have to disconnect it from your iPad and then it will look again for available other connections.
How to do? I don’t have an iPad, don’t know. On my MacMini, in the menu bar a little BlueTooth icon appears and if I click that I get some menu where I then can disconnect my JBLs. If I did that, then repower the headphone and then it is looking for a new partner to pair with. I’m then able to connect it with my other PC again.

Bit tedious the whole thing, but not surprising, because the JBL is just a stupid device with no UI where one could tell: please now connect to this device and not that anymore.

Sorry for being so short. Keep on with your writing, my friend :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Ulf

Hi Ulf! Thanks for your reply. I am Afrikaans speaking (propably originated from German and Dutch), so I do not know the word prosaic, but thanks to Google I got it:

ADJECTIVE

having or using the style or diction of prose as opposed to poetry; lacking imaginativeness or originality:
“prosaic language can’t convey the experience”
synonyms: unimaginative · uninspired · matter-of-fact · dull · dry · [more]

commonplace; unromantic:
“the masses were too preoccupied by prosaic day-to-day concerns”
synonyms: ordinary · everyday · usual · common · [more]

WOW! I just enjoy talking to friends (even if it is irrelevant at some point in a post).

I’m not sure if you refer to your team or users who find my posts prosaic, but normally (over here at least), my fellow Band Members enjoy speaking to me because the discussion is not boring.

I don’t know how life is in Europe, but here in Cape Town, we are joyful, we joke with each other, we have computer shops filled with people who do not actually know much…so we find a way to co-exist by finding ways to co-exists after a very dark apartheid era.

Anyway, if my mentioning of something funny or interesting is irritating people, no problem…we can stick to the topic only. :slight_smile:

Regarding the JBL. I found 3 resellers in South Africa who is listed on that device’s website…but:

1. Telephone number does not exist anymore
  2. Phone rings for ever…no answer…for hours!
  3. A shop in Natal…but Indian vendors usually ask 3 x more for their products. (No racism intended)

So, I phoned a music instrument shop close by and they will search for me that beautiful device you have!! And because the Navy Band always do business through them, I hope to get it for a good price! (No prosaic intended :wink: )

So, I have an adapter with two female inputs and one male output…so for now I will plug in my normal earphones into the one female input and my iPad into the other input. The Male jack I will plug into my Focusrite earphone output and I DO hear both devices. Except, the iPad has an soft annoying hissing sound that comes through…hence the hope to use my JBL’s! :slight_smile:

Please convey my apologies to those guys for my (unimaginative · uninspired · matter-of-fact · dull · dry) posts so far. I will try to stick strictly to the subject…but no guarantees! Of all those 5 prosaic qualities mentioned I’m not “dry” or “dull”. :smiley:

Thanks for your help as usual.
Best Regards
Hans

PS. I just added those Atari stuff to let you know a bit about myself…that I grew up with computers (even programming) because I like chatting to you…ok, ok no prosaic!

Hi Hans,

well, as I said, keep on with your posting, no matter if they are too prosaic, poetic, or whatever they may me. I like to read them, they always bring sunshine into my life. Especially when it is a dark and grey winter day, okay, not today, today is a clear blue sky and plenty of sunshine, but you never know how long that lasts here…

I hope you do get that BT dongle soon. Let me know how it goes.

Best
Ulf :smiley:

When I read “prosaic” I thought : “oh, Ulf is probably meaning prolix” :wink:

Yes Marc, I think you might be correct on this one. Being on Ritalin, can make one a lot more talkative as it effects one’s dopamine neurotransmitter.

Well, it wasn’t my own word. I was referring to some other guy in another thread who complained about Hans’ way of writing being not appropriate for this forum.
I’m not a native English speaker, and looking up the true meaning of the word prosaic, yes, probably prolix is the better word.
But still, prolix or whatever you call it, I like the way Hans is communicating with us.

Good morning ULF and all my Steinberg friends (obviously users included)!

Hey Ulf, for some reason, I don’t have the “Edit” button on my previous post so if I may venture a little unrelated info about myself on a new post, but I promise this will be the last “Prosaic” if possible. I have an interesting paradigm (mental programming) and you being a programmer should find the following info intriguing…after this post, I’ll “behave” more Forum-User-like as possible… :wink:

My Psychiatrist are testing me to ascertain whether I have ADHD or Latent inhibition.

No, we all know what ADHD is, but IF I have LI (depending on certain factors such as intellect and the speed of processing of information in the brain (hence “Lantency”) the “syndrome” could take one of two paths….madness (which I’m NOT hiehiehiehie :smiling_imp: :open_mouth: ) or somewhere on the ladder (scale) of creativity or genius (Yeah! Steinberg should employ me :wink: ).

Anyway, the doc put me on Ritalin and as Ritalin (used for ADHD) puts my mind (iq 132) into overdrive, thankfully I only experience a few side-effects like my mind races. I don’t multi-task…I MULTI-TASK X100!! Many times I do 5 to 10 things at one time!

Apart from some irritating stuff like counting the white painted stripes on a road or analyzing everything about something that can be analyzed (like Religion or Evolution for example), fortunately, LI gives me a great boost in creativity. I can hear the orchestra (or any ensemble for that matter) in my head, but it does not stop there. I can “record” a piece of music from a cd in my mind, then my mind analyses EVERYTHING of that “recording”. I can “zoom” in to the oboe and hear it’s notes and write it down and then “zoom” in to any other instrument and do the same. I have written 100’s of scores of movie music and other music and it sounds (obviously knowing how to paint (voicing) with musical colours) very close to the original. Now, I’m talking about “painting” with limited “colours”. I can make a Wind Band (like the Navy Band) almost sound like an Orchestra. (example: Star Wars Medley - YouTube).

Anyway Ulf, forgive me if I might talk a bit more than the average user.
Please pray that I don’t turn out like Antonio Salieri and end up in a loony bin (if that story is true).

Some more info for those who are interested in this kind of thing:

OK, I will try to only talk “Steinberg” as far as possible…promise!

Hans, my friend,

you always refer to me as a genius, but I am nothing compared to you. You are a genius!
I’ve listened to your Star Wars arrangement, and only because you told us I can believe that it is “just” a wind band.
Man, this is brilliant.

Hope you don’t go the path of Salieri and still bring us lots of joy, here in the forum and everywhere else.

Ulf

Hi Ulf :wink:
I did not mean to lecture you, and I also like to read Hans’ posts, I find them very refreshing ^^
And you might well be a genius of your kind !