East West Expression Map

Hi

I want to ask if there exist an expression map for east west symphonic orchestra

Many thank’s

Patrick

No, so far as I know there are no ready-made Dorico expression maps for EastWest Symphonic Orchestra.

Ok

Thank’s Daniel
I think I will do some.

Best wishes

Hi

I’m working now on an Expression Map for East West Symphonic Orchestra.

I have finished my “first” for Violin.
But when I open a new or another document, I can not finf the created Expression Map.
What do I have to do ?

Thank’s

Patrick

you need to export it from the project in which you created it and then import it into the new project. I also learned the hard way…

Hi every one

Question about playinf technics

Is there a way to save playing tecnics in Dorico and not only in the document where they are created?

(exprotz / import)

Thanks

Patrick
Luxembourg

Yes, in the Edit>Playing Techniques dialog, select the playing technique you want to use in other projects and click “Save as Default” (the star symbol)

Thank’s a lot

That’s not strictly true: once you have defined it as part of a playback template, if you set that playback template to be your default one, then the expression map(s) and any VST instruments related to those expression maps will automatically be loaded into your new project.

Hi

I’m on the way to creat an expression map for east west symphonic orchestra.

Question about the playing technics:

Pizzicato keyswitch is for Violin on a different Midi Note than for Cello or double bass.
How can I creat a “2nd pizzicato” wich do the right keyswich so that I have a pizz for Vioolin and a pizz for cello ?

Best wishes

Patrick

You will need separate/individual expression maps for each instrument (unless they have identical layout)…

Ok I understand

but how can I assign the “2nd pizzicato” ?
There is only 1 pizz. in the expression map

I got it

Until I assign the instrument to the expression map. Only strange sounds.
What wrong here?
I can not use my East West sounds at all . . . .

You need to create a separate expression map. One expression map for your violin, and another for your cello.

Patrick, when you come back to ask further questions about creating your expression map, please feel free to reply to one of your existing threads rather than starting another thread with the same title. I’ve merged a couple of your recent threads into this one. Please continue to post in this one rather than creating a new thread for each simple question. It will be more helpful to other members of the community to see the wider context of what you’re working on.

1 Like

Sorry Daniel
You are right

For now I understand how to creat an new playing technique
I understand less to creat an expressoin map.

I got always the wrong sounds. No keyswitch and so on. (Wrong sounds or strange sounds)

Where can I get some easy explications about all that. I’m trying around now for a few days without any results

Thank’s

Hi Again

I have created an Expression map like in a youtube video. But it don’t work at all.
Maybe someone see what’s happen

Thank’s

Patrick

I don’t think your screenshot is sufficient for anybody to be able to help you. Can you provide a few more details about what exactly you’ve done? How have you got your sounds set up in EW Play? Which sounds are loaded into which channels? Have you set up corresponding entries in the expression map for each channel, with matching channel change numbers?

Hi every one

I got the solution.
I copy the Hallion Expression Maps and change the keyswitches. Slowly I understand. But slowly

Thank’s to all

1 Like

Hi

I have created Expression maps for the East West Symphonic Orchestra (only Woodwinds for now)
Works fine.
But when I load the Instruments into a Score, Dorico Open for every single Instrument an VST Instrument

Example: 2 Flutes & To Oboes
VST Instruments

01- Play (for Flute 1)
03 - Play (for Flute 2) and so on
How can I change this to one VST Instrument at the begining in the Setup?

Thanks

Patrick