Edit History: making it last. . .

Cubase’s Edit History feature is so useful, but, in my experience, that history is deleted as soon as the file is Saved and Cubase closed.

Is there any way of saving or preserving a particular project’s Edit History so that one can consult it, for example, the next day?

Thanks, in advance, for any info.

That isn’t the case. So no need to worry. I can easily reverse processed files made several days earlier. Great feature.

Thanks for replying, ErikG – I’m sorry for the late response – I must have missed the forum email notification.

I’d love to know how you’re able to reverse processed files made several days earlier – Is there a Preferences option for how long Edit History items are kept? My Edit History seems to disappear as soon as I’ve saved and closed the file. . .

Sorry I’m an idiot. Apparently I can’t read.
You are obviously talking about the edit history, but I have continually read it like audio process history…
Yes I agree, it would be very nice to have the edit history saved so it would be kept in projects. And no it isn’t.

Oh well – thanks for clarifying, though, ErikG – I appreciate it! At least I now know that audio process history is saved that way :slight_smile:

Is there any official way of making a feature request to Steinberg? Seems like we have a majority of two, right here. . .

Yes, there is - in the dedicated Feature Requests and Suggestions part of the forums. It will only make sense in the current version’s one, obviously…

Thanks, Arjan P. Should I assume that Cubase 8 does not have an Edit History that can be saved along with the file/project?

I don’t know really. Just ask in the general forum of C8Pro, I’m sure people using it will know.