Edit Midi Parts and Folders in 9?

In previous versions of cubase If you selected a folder track and a midi track not in a folder and entered the key editor, the moment you tried to edit anything, the non-folder parts would disappear from the editor window. Here are some of my previous posts about it
[ Editing Folders and Non Folder tracks simultaneously - Cubase - Steinberg Forums ]
[Opening Folders and non Folder Parts simultaneously - Cubase - Steinberg Forums ]

Can anyone confirm whether or not this still happens in Cubase 9?

Thanks.
F

bump

Please, this issue is a serious workflow issue for me, I’d really like to know if its remedied before I plunk down money on a new version of the program.

Thanks.

You can determine this yourself :wink:

I tested your example in Cubase 9 and everything was working correct and normal,

no tracks disappeared at all,

BUT !!!

I then tried it on Cubase 8, and everything is working fine there too.

so I couldn’t reproduce your issue in Cubase 8 or Cubase 9

I was able to reproduce it. The folder content disappears when I try to edit or draw a note. Definitely a bug!

That’s interesting. Evertone was able to reproduce it. I’ve had the same problem on both Win10 and Mac, so its not a plug-in.

Just to be clear.
I have a bunch of midi parts on seperate tracks in a folder…that’s closed - some of those are populated with data
I also have a midi part outside the folder. Also populated with data.

When I open both together all the midi data shows up, but when I go to edit a part, some of the data disappears from the edit window. I can recreate this all day long.

If, however the second part is in a folder and both folders are selected for editing, no such behaviour occurs.
If one of the folders is open and I select a single midi part and also a folder track, the behavior does occur.

I’m not saying you’re doing anything wrong. As a matter of fact, if your system is NOT doing it there must be some sort of preference or setting that is different in our systems that removes the ‘feature’ from your set. If that’s the case, I’d love to figure out what that setting is.

Any help from the Steiny people would be helpful with regards to this as it drives me batty.

F
Thanks.

I