Edit mode

• 10!

+1

+1

+1
At least Cursor follows Selection!

Cmon Steinberg, every time we select or double click an event (Audio or Midi) the cursor should come to the same position as the event.
Even Bitwig has this basic function.

It will make our lives 100000000000000000000000000 times faster. The way it is, its very anoying.

Make it as a preference option, I’m sure that 99% of the producers will leave this option marked.

Who agree?

1 Like

+1 Edit Mode

+1,000,000

100% needed, without a single doubt. There are so many people who use Cubase for composing, and this is an essential feature for composing. It makes no sense not to have in Cubase, since Cubase is marketed for music people and Nuendo is marketed for post-production people. I miss it so badly from Pro Tools. If Nuendo weren’t always behind Cubase in music features I would use Nuendo, and it’s also very $$$$ for other features that music people wouldn’t use.

+1 Yes!!! As stated by others, every other DAW has it for (what thought were) obvious reasons.

I know that Nuendo is touted as a “post only” DAW, but some of the features are sorely missing in Cubase for composers and those who work to picture. Edit Mode is a huge one. Edit Mode is standard in every other pro DAW that I’ve seen or used (Pro Tools, Reaper, DP, surely some others) and is so valuable for working to picture. Obviously there are workarounds, but they’re clumsy and time-consuming compared to the ease and efficiency of Edit Mode. Paying $$$$$ to upgrade to Nuendo just to get a few features that should be in a pro music DAW is frustrating and unnecessary (especially because Nuendo is always behind Cubase in other ways, oddly).

Composers need some of the extra bread-and-butter “post only” features like Edit Mode that are only in Nuendo, and this shouldn’t be the case.

Absolutely, but please use the already existing Edit Mode request thread here:
:arrow_right: Edit mode - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Bump. Do it Steinberg. Now.

I just switched to Cubase, assuming this would be a feature, since it’s a given in literally every other DAW. Basic navigational workflow is painful, and there’s no way I’m paying $1300 to upgrade to Nuendo for a basic feature to work properly. I was trying to get away from Avid, and now I feel like I’ve just jumped to another company that purposely limits basic stuff. Quite disheartening.