Edit multiple notes in differenet instruments in play mode

Hi!
I am a Dorico 3 user and now updated to Dorico 4. I like the feature in Dorico 3 that I can select some notes from the different instruments in the write mode, then edit the length of the note in play mode. After the edit in play mode, they will be the same note length. But in Dorico 4, I cannot do that. When I edit the selected notes from play mode, Dorico only edits the note that we edit in the play mode but not the selected notes from the write mode! Please help me with this issue!
Many thanks

Assuming that you want to change the playback durations of the selected notes and not their written durations, you could set the playback end offset in the properties panel in write or engrave mode. The playback end offset is measured in ticks, and Dorico uses 480 ticks per quarter note. For example, if you wanted to increase the length of the selected notes by a sixteenth note, you could set the playback end offset to 120. If you wanted to decrease the length of the selected notes by an eighth note, you could set the playback end offset to -240.

1 Like

No. I want to change their written durations

You must click on the “waveform” icon, I think, to link what the key editor shows with notation.

After you have selected several notes in write mode, you don’t need to use play mode to change their written durations. In write mode, you can shorten the selected notes by the current rhythmic grid resolution by pressing Shift-Alt/Opt-Left Arrow, or you can lengthen the selected notes by the current rhythmic grid resolution by pressing Shift-Alt/Opt-Right Arrow. Look at this page in the user manual for more ways to change the written durations of selected notes in write mode.

That’s helpful too! thank you for helping me out!

If you want the selected notes to have the same note length, just press the desired note length in the left hand panel in Write Mode or hit the appropriate keyboard shortcut.