Edit recent projects list?

Is there any way to edit the “recent projects” list? Is it a text file that resides somewhere that one could get to?

You can go to File > Open Recent > Clear menu to remove everything; I think I’d be wary of trying to edit anything behind Dorico’s back since the application may well keep a record of things like the expected length of such a(n external?) file.

If you move a file that is in the list to a different folder, then it won’t show up in the recent projects list the next time you launch Dorico.

It is an XML file, called recentFiles.xml, that lives inside your user-level application data folder: on Mac, this would be in /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico. If you mess up editing it, then you will find that no recent files appear next time you start Dorico.

In the next update, you’ll be able to right-click a selected file in the list of recent projects in the Hub window and choose to remove it from the list.

1 Like

Thanks, got it.

Hello,

As I understand it, Dorico allows to see only the last 20 projects, or maybe there is a setting that allows to see more of the recents in Hub?

Sincerely
Sigitas

No, there’s no way to modify the number of recent files Dorico will list, I’m afraid: it’s hardcoded to a maximum of 20.

Hey, did the ability to remove items from the recent files list disappear in Dorico 5?

No, but if you’re trying to do it via the Hub, you have to be in the grid view rather than the list view.

Thanks, Daniel! Don’t think I ever used that mode so I didn’t think to check there. Thanks again!