Edit strings and tuning iPad

Hi,
I am using an iPad 9 and i cannot access the guitar editing strings and tuning section. the app just stops working.
Could you please help me on this?

Thank you, Valerio

Welcome to the forum, Valerio. I assume you’re tapping the little icon in the label for the instrument, and then choosing Edit Strings and Tuning… from the context menu that appears, but at that point, no dialog appears?

Hi,
Yes exactly. The Edit String and Tuning option won’t even appear most of the times. The app just stops in the moment when I click the 3 little dots.
Thank you for answering me. I hope you can help me on this.
One more question, can I create only the guitar tab?

To show only guitar tablature, open the Layout Options dialog, which you’ll find in the application menu at the top right-hand corner of the window, go to the Players page, and under Fretted Instruments you can set your guitar to show tablature only, either with or without rhythms as you prefer.

As for the Edit Strings and Tunings dialog, after you first tap the button to show the menu, try tapping away from that area, then tap the button again: does that make the menu appear?

If you happen to have a Bluetooth or Magic Keyboard attached to your iPad, you could also try assigning a custom key command to that dialog via the Key Commands page of Preferences.

Sometimes if I press the home button of the iPad and return back to the app, the … button works and the window option show up. But after that the app just stops working. I also tried to tap away from that area but nothing.

That’s really odd, Valerio. Can you tell me exactly what model of iPad you have? Is an “iPad 9” the very latest iPad just announced by Apple in September?

Yes, iPad 9 generation 2021, iOS 15.1

Very curious. We don’t have that specific model of iPad but I don’t think that should matter. I will ask my colleagues in the testing team to look into this again.

Thank you so much for your assistance. I really appreciate it!
I would be very happy to work with this app