editing audio file in CubaseLE6

Thank you for your help.
I am trying to edit an audio file. The file is 1-1/2 hours long. There are 7 tracks. The audio file contains music and talking throughout.
What I want to do is to delete the talking and then mix/edit the music to put on a CD. Since this was recorded live the talking is on all 7 tracks. So I need to make a clean cut at the end of each song through the 7 tracks then locate the beginning of the next song and delete all 7 tracks from the end of the 1st song to the beginning of the 2nd song.

I cannot find how to do this in the manual; when I tried to do it I was only able to make a cut on 1 track. I want to do it to all 7 tracks at once so the songs will begin and end properly.

Any suggestions on how to do this? This is my 1st ever attempt at mixing a song/CD.

Again, Thanks for your help.

Hi artgriff: What I would do is high lite all 7 tracks
and using the “SPLIT TOOL” from the tool bar—it looks like
a pair of scissors ---- is place a cut on all 7 tracks
right after the music ends and a 2nd cut right before
the music starts again. Then using the mute tool
or eraser tool, mute or silence the talking — your choice. :wink:

remember to high lite all your tracks :wink:

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

PS: It should be easy to spot the Music vs. the Talking by
looking at the waveform. The music should be a bigger wave form
and the talking much smaller. And remember you do have UNDO
in the edit window if you make a mistake. :wink:

Thanks for your help. I will give it a try. I have found the end of one song and start of the next so know how to do that. The problem was doing all 7 tracks.
Again, Thank you for your help.

Halljack,
Just wanted to let you know that I tried your suggestion this morning and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your help.
Artgriff

Cool — I’m glad it worked.

Jack :smiley: :smiley: