Editing chord symbol appearances changes other unrelated chord symbols

Hi,

I am trying to customize the accidental size for alterations through Engraving Options->Chord Symbols->Project Default Appearances->Edit

I have added a customization for Bb7(b9#11) that increases the size of the b and # in the b9 #11. That works fine. Now I try doing the same thing to increase the size of the # and b for Bb7(b5#9). That works, but after doing that, my Bb7(b9#11) chord has now changed all by itself to Bb7(b5#9), which is certainly a different chord and should not be happening automatically. What am I doing wrong? Is this a bug?

Project is attached. The two chords are both used in bar 12.
How High the Moon Arrangement v2.zip (750 KB)

I’m not 100% sure what’s happening, but I believe you should be able to get the results you want if you do the following:

1. In Project Default Chord Symbol Appearances, select the saved appearances for both Bb7(b9#11) and Bb7(b5#9) and delete them.
  2. Apply and Close the dialog.
  3. In Engrave mode, double-click the first chord in bar 12 and make it look how you want.
  4. Repeat for the other chord in bar 12.
  5. Now return to Project Default Chord Symbol Appearances, and promote the two entries in the ‘Single Instances’ list up to the list of saved defaults.

Hopefully you should now find that they can be successfully edited independently.