Editing decay for a Halion 5 Instrument

Hello! I’d like to make the “Fretless Bass” Halion 5 instrument take longer to fade out (decay). I’m familiar with basic wave synthesis and I’ve owned several synthesizers. I have watched several introductory programming videos for Halion. I feel overwhelmed by the nomenclature and architecture. I’ve supplied a screengrab so you can see which sound I’m asking about. I just want to make it take longer to fade out. Is there a quick way to do this for the entire sound? Thanks in advance!

The “Fretless Bass” is part of the HALion Sonic SE Artist library and comes with a generic Macropage.
Open the “Macro” page on the “Edit” tab and you can edit the release parameter for the entire preset

best regards
Gerrit Junge

Hi, Gerrit!

Thank you. Your answer was SO CLOSE! But “release” is what happens after you let go of a key. I need to make it take longer to decay. That means, with my finger down on the key, I want the note to last longer before fading out.

I looked on that Macro page for such a setting, but couldn’t find one. Any ideas?

Dave

Hi Dave,
did you ever find a solution to this?
Or is it simply not possible to change decay times?
Kind regards,
Markus

Hi, Markus!

No, I did not.

Dave

Ist is not possible to edit additional parameters for Cubase-related HSSE sounds except the ones on the Macro page.

Thank you!